what do you think of Leeb?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by drcha, Dec 28, 2008.

1. drcha

drcha

Curious as to what people think of Stephen Leeb, if anyone has read him.

2. I ran across Mr. Izenstark-Leeb in London at a buy-side conference. Very annoying. Mr. Leeb was charged with fraud in the early 90s.

3. rickty

rickty

I just finished reading his "The Coming Economic Collapse ..." book, which focuses on the impact of the coming ever-increasing oil costs and how there is loathfully inadequate government etc. responses to this impending problem. His advanced degree in Psychology shows through in this book as he explains how "group think" immobilizes people to act. He also presents interesting historical perspectives of previous failed civilizations. At the end of the book he presents his recommendations of where to invest in the coming decade, which he sees as being similar to the 1970's. The book was published in 2006 so his prediction at the time of the housing bubble not bursting was woefully off. However, all in all I thought it was a wothwhile book to have read. By the way I see his themes as also somewhat being shared by Jim Rogers. Peter Schiff and some others.

I see that he will soon have another book out in early 2009 entitled "Game Over: How You Can Prosper in a Shattered Economy". I'll be interested to see how his thinking has evolved given recent developments.

4. I was pretty sure that he was charged with fraud about his trading record as I recall. But I'm not certain of that.

5. vv111y

vv111y

rhymes with dweeb