What do you think of DIA1C ?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by 50 cent, Jul 7, 2003.

1. I was trying to trade DIA at 1C the thing completely sucks. The spreads are big since it's a high priced stock, also the ssf price is far from the stock's and it's hard to calculate targets.

Also, it happened to me more than once that the DIA stock moved 15c and the ssf didn't move AT ALL !! I mean, the bid/ask stayed the same! And no it wasn't a datafeed problem.

I found other SSFs like KLAC QCOM and so on to show a bit more decent behavior..

Anyone had different experiences?

Cheers

2. ssf's may be a thing of the past, very soon. enjoy them while you can.

surfer:)

3. I hope not. Currently they are the cheapest way to build a bullet
    if you trade not with a prop firm.

4. and why is that?

5. yeah DIA is a POS for intraday trading, don't waste your money on it. You will be feeding the MM's. The few homeruns on trend days will not make up for all the small and not so small losses you will take because of the 7-12 cent spread. If your stop is 20 cent on the cash that will mean 30-35 cent actual stop on the futures. You cannot cut the spread, nobody will trade with you. For overnighters it's OK if you don't plan to get out before regular trading hours. You can't get out in premarket since One starts actual trading at 9:30 ET, they say 9:15 but that's bull there is no liquidity at that time. Also there is always the problem of ONE going down, but that hasn't happened in a while.