what do you think of china's future?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by geowalker, Jan 21, 2007.

what do you think of china's future

1. bright

43 vote(s)
    59.7%
  2. dark

10 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. hard to say

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
  1. Che

Che

Money is a far more powerful weapon than "nukes". Surely as a trader you can recognise that.

And it is via money that new empires will rise and fall.

Che

#21     Jan 21, 2007
  2. Since we are going ballistic here. Another thought re; US and China competing interests. OIL.

My thoughts are the US will be competing with China for oil. China will pay any price for oil, they need it for manufacturing, we need oil to drive to the mall. Big difference.

China has coal for it's energy needs and uses it whereas we don't.

#22     Jan 21, 2007
  3. What's with people that have 1950's ideas about China like its some kind of backwards country? That's just being asked to be overtaken.

#23     Jan 21, 2007
  4. I think it looks brighter than ours, in America that is. Unless we get our debt under control and stop giving away our competitive edge. Yes I am talking about the ugly word, protectionism, which is what China does to us right now.

#24     Jan 21, 2007
  5. Che, i can honestly say you are a idiot. What makes you think money is more powerful than nukes? If China decides to nuke everyone how would a piece of paper matter? With all the money that is poured into US secret projects, weapons i doubt any country comes near the technology we have. World's fastest plane was made over 40 years ago.

#25     Jan 21, 2007
  6. USSR ring a bell?

#26     Jan 21, 2007
  7. When did they launch their nukes?

#27     Jan 21, 2007
  8. Isn't that the point?

#28     Jan 21, 2007
  9. Yes, it is. Did you not read my post? If China starts launching nukes how would money matter?

#29     Jan 21, 2007
  10. montels

montels

I am a teacher - now - after retraining from a higher paying industry. Working in that industry - computers - I worked with some very talented Chinese workers. Their education was exceptional. I do not believe their teachers have to make their education "fun" for the students to be interested. The students know the value, rewards and penalties. Great Nations like the US needs to restructure at a basic level. Motivation for wealth, education and what ever else has to come from within - not because it is easy and fun. In my estimate - just a guess really - China is producing some very educated and competitive workers.

#30     Jan 21, 2007