What do you think of Aston Martin's IPO?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marcolo17, Oct 18, 2018.

1. marcolo17

marcolo17

1. Do you think that Aston Martin could repeat Ferrari's performance after the decline that followed after the IPO??
    2. Do you think that Brexit could impact the future development of Aston Martin and will they be able to meet the annual targets?

2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

AM has a small niche market and they have some amazing designs and technology. They have a great racing organization. I see them kind like Spyker, a great product, forward thinking but lousy investment unless you need a tax write off.

hmcp likes this.
  3. Marokkoko

Marokkoko

I don't believe in miracles. So i think they will fail.

MarkBrown likes this.
  4. The big money in an IPO is in something "new and different... perhaps able to transform something", or at least a niche of it. Then again there could be a "Ferrari" like run-up... maybe it sticks, maybe not. (Any notion can be a concept for a trade. As for an investment... well, that's more specious.)

Investing in Aston is likely to be like investing in the Green Bay Packers. Players would like to say, "they own a piece of an icon", but that may not be worth much $$.

The only thing that should matter to an investor is the "percentage increase/decrease from their purchase price". All the rest is just theater.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  5. Bekim

Bekim

I imagine a lot of people will think it's going to do what RACE did and those people might lose money

6. ajacobson

ajacobson

They are finally making money. It will be well oversubscribed. I'd buy if I can get an allocation. Race came at $52.00 closed at $56 day one and trading a $114 now. That has loser written all over it.:D

7. destriero

destriero

My willingness to buy on day1 will depend on MarkBrown's willingness to commit to an Aston car and boat. Mark, LMK. Thanks.

FibonacciNinja likes this.
  8. prc117f

prc117f

Where is the money from the IPO going? I do not follow IPOs or trade them.

9. ajacobson

ajacobson

Aston Martin sold about 25% of its stock, with the offer open to institutional investors, company staff, customers and members of the Aston Martin Owners Club resident in the UK. Private investors will be eligible to buy shares from Monday.

Went live on the 3rd - open to the regular investor last monday and has traded straight down.

dealmaker likes this.
  10. Bekim

Bekim

I’m just taking the contrarian view

#10     Oct 18, 2018