What do you think about what Jim Rogers has to say?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bluud, Oct 24, 2007.

1. I see that Frozen concentrated OJ futures more than doubled from 2005 price levels.

#31     Oct 24, 2007

2. interesting, thanks. let's look in our kitchens and see what we have, invest in it, surely it will happend again.

surf:D

#32     Oct 24, 2007
  3. Did you ever consider his answer to you didn't include his full analysis? That he was giving you short simple answers to get rid of you.

#33     Oct 24, 2007
  4. yeah, maybe. not so bright on his part if this is the case. that interview is/was all over the world including yahoo finance. still getting google alerts from it.

surf

#34     Oct 24, 2007
  5. yea...Well he never claimed to be a genius like Niederhoffer or a whiz kid like Timmy Sykes.

#35     Oct 24, 2007
  6. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see anywhere in the interview (if that's it in it's entirety) where he tells you to buy orange juice. He talks about it in connection with its weighting in his index, he talks about what would happen if the importance of orange juice changed. He also talks about energy, copper, wheat. His message seems to be "buy commodities" in general, as an asset class. Not bad advice in 2005.

But again, I don't see a recommendation to buy orange juice.

OldTrader

#36     Oct 24, 2007
  7. This bull market will last for many decades, if not forever baring a major catastrophe such as a nearby supernova, gamma ray burst, quantum vacum collapse, nuclear war with hydrogen bombs, stray black hole enters solar system, pandemic, etc

#37     Oct 24, 2007
  8. In my humble opinion, I believe the USD is the best long term investment in the world right now. There is nothing cheaper with better long term fundamentals.

Rogers is mistaken by taking all of his assets out of it.

#38     Oct 24, 2007
  9. gkishot

gkishot

Agreed

#39     Oct 24, 2007
  10. maybe so, but try to pick a bottom on this chart....

#40     Oct 24, 2007