What do you think about what Jim Rogers has to say?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bluud, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Daal

Daal

thats right, when energy finnaly started showing some backwardation he comes out saying he prefers agriculture

#11     Oct 24, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

How could he be "optimistic about America"? We have huge debt problems and huge unfunded liabilities, + the country is run by spineless politicians and bankers who are not only LIARS, but the epitome of greed.... who are Hell-bent to confiscate all the wealth of the American people that they can through inflation and currency debasement.

What's worse than having your own government be your enemy?

#12     Oct 24, 2007
  3. Dude you nailed it.:D

#13     Oct 24, 2007
  4. rogers is pushing his agenda----nothing more, nothing less.

pumping his positions HOPING that enough people jump on his bandwagon. he has been very wrong in the past, but one normally only hears about his correct calls.

the guy manages money and has a vested interest in protecting his positions. nothing wrong with this, just realize the motivation of the statements.

regards,

surf

ps. by the way, he is 100% wrong here and i believe will take another bath.

#14     Oct 24, 2007
  5. I think Rogers has a point on Yen; not sure about China's Yuan.

US can just raise its rate and paying out for its debts; therefore China have to rely more on its self growth in domestic market.

One thing for sure; China will not slow its growth. Like any currency; yuan can be easily devalued with its CB pumping money to keep its banks afloat.

#15     Oct 24, 2007

6. So would you be long Niederhoffer and short Rogers.?

#16     Oct 24, 2007
  7. I remember when he shorted the q's and was wrong. They were moving up at the time and showed no evidence of a top.

#17     Oct 24, 2007
  8. You know what. I have a lot of good ideas, and bad timing with trading. The only difference between JR and me is likely he has a huge stash of $$$, and he's having his Chinese nanny teach his kid Chinese.

#18     Oct 24, 2007
  9. I guess the fact that he's been right on commodities and VERY right on the dollar for years doesn't matter.

He's saying the party is over for the US. Hard to disagree.

#19     Oct 24, 2007
  10. gnome

gnome

Nope. Long Rogers, Short Surf. :D

#20     Oct 24, 2007