What do you think about the '9/11 Truth' movement?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Jan 10, 2011.

What really happened on 9/11?

1. I buy the official government story. What's so difficult about it for people to believe, anyways? 9/

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. I think the government is probably lying about some of the details (Planted explosives, perhaps? Sho

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. 9/11 may or may not have been an inside job. I'm really not sure

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. 9/11 was probably an inside job.

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. 9/11 was definitely an inside job, and I'm 100% sure about that.

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Enjoy your own reality all.........the FUTURE will tell WHO WAS RIGHT! :cool:

Undeniable FACT! :cool:

#21     Jan 10, 2011
  2. My life is good AMT.My government protects me from local and foreign threats to a more then reasonable extent.Even in bad economic times like now anybody can make good life for themselves.The people of the US can choose their leaders without violence

Is our government perfect ?no.Can it be improved ? Yes.As long the the government protects us and gives every citizen the opportunity for a good life I cant be a part of your crusade

#22     Jan 10, 2011
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

The definition of "inside job" usually implies activity on the behalf of insiders. Now in the case of 9/11 passivity of certain government employees would have the same effect, and let the plan eventually succeed.
    Also, the government shouldn't be treated as a whole unified entity. Just because let's say 3-5 high ranked officials had knowledge of what was coming but did nothing (passive action) that doesn't mean the whole government knew it or actively helped it.
    Also, you might ask, which government... Several foreign governments tried to alert the US, unsuccesfully.

1. Some (or most) of the well documented put buyers were not terrorist.
    2. The 4-5 cheering Israelis arrested (and later quietly released) in Jersey.
    3. The ongoing wargames on 9/11. Although not supersecret or hard to find out, the terrorist didn't pick that day by pure accident.

For extra I throw in Ashcroft who stopped flying commercial planes in July. (well, not entirely)

Hey, I didn't even mention the towers, because I think they came down by the jetfuel...

#23     Jan 10, 2011
  4. Yeah, that's all crap.

1) There's always big put buyers!!
    2) They weren't cheering. They were immaturely & enthusiastically taking souvenir photos. It's not their country, so they didn't feel pained, fine. But that in no way connects those Israelis to the actual 9/11 plot, and you know it. In fact, if they were witnessing a crime that they themselves were guilty of committing, the natural reaction and proper tactical move would be to hide (or at least remain inconspicuous), not to cheer. Mossad agents stationed abroad wouldn't even be the same age as those arrested Israeli kids.
    3) And these wargames made pulling off 9/11 so much easier?

Like I said, that's all crap. Sorry, but you'll have to do much better.

#24     Jan 10, 2011
  5. Inside job, or just sloppy shoddy work by airport security, the FBI, etc.

Much more reasonable to assume that incompetency of the security agencies are to blame.

So what does Bush do?

Create a whole new department of "Homeland Security" etc.

The problem isn't the expansion of government. No, the problem has always been people who don't do their job properly, which is seen in both the public and private sector.

#25     Jan 10, 2011
  6. So China might actually be the good guy here..

#26     Jan 11, 2011
  7. Larson

Larson Guest

I would not go that far. However, China's history as an insular country over the centuries may keep them on the outside of these entities AMT is speaking of. For one thing, they have stayed out of foreign conflicts and only acted, so far, in a defensive manner.

#27     Jan 11, 2011
  8. I'm starting to like China

#28     Jan 11, 2011
  9. 1. There are questions which are still unanswered.

2. The HEINOUS Patriot Act was enacted too quickly after the event... like it was "sitting in the wings all along", just waiting for an excuse.

3. Would ANY government ever commit such barbarous acts against its own people in order to justify their actions and/or increase government control over the populace? If you don't already know, study a little history and draw your own conclusions.

I'm not "pounding the table" about 9/11 being an either an "inside job" or with the compliance of US Powers... but as things stand since and now, it cannot be logically eliminated. (Same sort of logical issue with Odumbo's supposed eligibility to be prez.)

Unfortunately, people (especially Americans) presume much and have strong opinions when they know little (just the way the government likes its sheep).

#29     Jan 11, 2011
  10. It had been sitting there, sitting since the Oklahoma City bombing. Joe Biden is the nice fellow who wrote the bill which would later become the Patriot Act.

#30     Jan 11, 2011