What do you think about Jim Cramer?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradealarm, Jun 21, 2008.

What do you think about Jim Cramer?

Poll closed Aug 20, 2008.
  1. Positive. He provided good advice in his show esp. on CNBC

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Negative. He provided misleading advice in his show

30 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. Neutral

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. I don't know him

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. ess1096

ess1096

#11     Jun 21, 2008
  2. :D

#12     Jun 21, 2008
  3. Thank God.

Who really gives a shit about Cramer.?

#13     Jun 21, 2008
  4. You'd be surprised. Go here. Read "Jim Cramer is a Compllicated Man". You 'd also be well - advised to read the Steinhardt stuff.

http://www.deepcapture.com/category/1-the-players/

#14     Jun 21, 2008
  5. TYtrader

TYtrader

Cramer does some research and you might be able to get some good ideas from some of his informatoin.

I never have. I watched him when he first started appearing on CNBC just before the dot com bubble, his street.com, etc. Shortly thereafter, the Street.com Internet Index, the DOT, was born, which was a complet debacle in the years that followed.

I always kind of found him annoying. Totally not my style, but I know a lot of people follow his suggestions.

I guess, if you really want to know what I "think about Jim Cramer", I would say he's like the Ronald Reagan of the stock market. He's a puppet that's pulled by the strings, but every once in a while (i.e. rarely), he's capable of doing something significant.

#15     Jun 21, 2008
  6. He gets what for his work at CNBC and TSCM and his book deals? Something like $1m a year before taxes I'd guess. That poor SOB gets up at 4:30 am every morning to drive to the office and studio.

Is that good enough when you're worth $50+ million? I don't think so.

He's a fool to not have retired a long time ago and simply run his own money. I'd just hang out with the family, golf, hang out by the pool, make a couple trades a week and just enjoy life. Less stress, longer life expectancy, a happier life.

#16     Jun 21, 2008