What do you think about ETFC?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by brown, Jan 5, 2008.

1. 20% is great, congrats!

#41     Jan 28, 2008
  2. Thanks! wouldn't you know, I sell one day too early. ETFC hit 4.14... I still think this ones going...30 days 6 or 7 bucks

#42     Jan 29, 2008
  3. Congrats on your profit. Its not always easy and almost impossible when your first starting out.

If I may add something that I truely believe in and I think will help you in your journey..... NEVER feel like you sold too soon or too late based on what the stock does AFTER you make a move.

You need to base your buying and selling on your goals (and they should be well thought through BEFORE you do anything) and you plan. If the plan was to make X amount on a stock and it gets there than you do Y. What it does after the fact is meaningless unless your studying how to improve, but is worthless in thinking you made a good choice or a bad choice and will only hurt your future trading.

in short, plan you trade and trade your plan.

Best of luck

ps, i am reading this thread because i have also been thinking of trying to throw some lipstick on that pig and see if i could sell it for more than i pay for it. I am thinking two to three months but I can't seem to get over the smell of it

#43     Jan 29, 2008
  4. Thanks! I appreciate the addage...this is definatley more difficult than it appears. There was a lot of insider trading going on today with ETFC, I jumped back in... So did you get in today?

#44     Jan 30, 2008
  5. that's for daytrading. I dont agree it's a good idea to stick to a static plan for longer term trades, the market is constantly changing. You sell when the news/indicators tell you to sell and same for buy. Set a stop loss in case your emotion gets in the way or you dont have a good system yet.

But buy/sell should be driven by the market, not because you made x profit so you have to sell even when all the indicators are screaming buy.

good luck to all on etfc, so far so good.

#45     Jan 31, 2008