What do you think about ETFC?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by brown, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Sell them?

#21     Jan 8, 2008
  2. My thoughts:

What if they are putting out the news statements to drive the price down. This way Etrade can be more affordable for a merge...Not to mention I can't find where there was ever a press release with Citi, so how can they reit???

#22     Jan 8, 2008
  3. LOL how obvious would that be when who ever put out the stories had to justify them in court?

#23     Jan 8, 2008
  4. Ok...point made.

Let me put it this way. Does anyone think that Etrade is "playing up their troubles" to be more appealing for a merger??? That is how some serious money gets made.

#24     Jan 8, 2008
  5. Serious money gets made by making your company look bad so people buy it?

You can't be serious.

#25     Jan 9, 2008
  6. spindr0

spindr0

Didn't you know that losing money is a business model for making your company look more undervalued and attractive?

#26     Jan 9, 2008
  7. In 1999 it was called the "cash burn rate" wasn't it :p

#27     Jan 9, 2008
  8. asap

asap

losing money will make your company look overpriced against its peers. no executive is into that business, otherwise it would be immediately ousted by the shareholders.

#28     Jan 9, 2008

9. ROTFLMAO in Monopoly right? You burn your cash becasue you have a merger brewing with the player next to you so he can beat the guys on the other side of the board.

Sorry thats not real life.

Again explain to a judge how you wrecked the company so you or someone else could profit

#29     Jan 9, 2008
  10. wtf are you guys talking about, this isnt the yahoo finance board....

#30     Jan 9, 2008