What do you tell your friends who don't have a clue...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jnbadger, Oct 22, 2005.

1. CONR

CONR

Keep in mind the MAJORITY of people don't want to understand the markets. They are intimidated by it all and that's why there are a lot of rich stock brokers.

#11     Oct 22, 2005
  2. Very true.

#12     Oct 22, 2005
  3. While Riskarb's comments once again hit the nail on the head, vehn really sums up the overall picture given that what we are really talking about here is a friendship.

#13     Oct 22, 2005
  4. bighog

bighog Guest

Bible thumpers and right wingers, they are not self thinkers, thus they all flock to Fox news for the latest and greatest non-thinkers propaganda....:p

#14     Oct 22, 2005
  5. tell your friend he is a pussy because he has to pay a 20 something year old EJ guy money to manage his portfolio.

then say to him, "but wait that is consistent for you because you hire 20 something illegals to build your homes!" :eek:

:D :D :D

actually keep your friend and do not say the above --- be nice and let him learn like we all seem to ------ the hard way. :)

#15     Oct 22, 2005

6. bighog --- hey, pick up that scripted demagoguery sheet from your favorite lefty blog you just dropped. also you better stop sitting on your couch all day in your undies watching "Fahrenheit 9/11" --- that is no way to get ahead in your life! :D

#16     Oct 22, 2005
  7. bighog

bighog Guest

To be a winner in the game of investing/trading one must first be a self thinker.

Then once he/she has paddled through all the bull and the never ending "BUY" recommendations from cnbc etc and made actual mistakes in the mkts they get more regimented and use more precise rules for entry and exit for "EACH PARTICULAR" trade setup.

PS, Is it true that FOX is going to bring on a business channel? If so, any idea when? thanks

PS, no blogs for me, Any good ones i should look at? Thanks

#17     Oct 22, 2005

8. yes i have heard that also ---- i hope Fox adds a business channel!

#18     Oct 22, 2005
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

Anything, would be better than CNBC. That channel has turned into a constant self promotion. "YOU ARE WATCHING POWER LUNCH" so on and so on. I try to catch some comments but really need to have the mute button on...:D

#19     Oct 22, 2005

10. yes i have stopped watching CNBC during the day --- now i do watch the CNBC EU market news at night sometimes. During the day i have Fox news on { :D } and Bloomberg.

#20     Oct 22, 2005