What do you see grain prices in the next 12 months

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by blnbr, Jul 9, 2009.

1. blnbr

blnbr

I don’t know about the grain fundamental, but the relatively low prices these days attracts my attention. DBA (an agriculture ETF based equally on wheat, corn, soybean and sugar futures contracts) for example, went from $43 12 months ago to now around $24 (see the price chart). What do you grain traders see the prices or trend for the grains in the next 12~18 months or so?

Thanks!

2. next 12 months...hmmm..I dont usually speculate out that far. $3.00 corn (with spikes down to 2.50), $7 beans (yes I know...a little higher than the normal bean/corn ratio), $4 Wheat, and $10 rice...hell if I know on the sugar

Btw....if you are trading DBA, don't concern yourself with any other price than the July board...DBA rolls July to July in the pits.

3. First of all read Mr Michael Masters report on commodity speculators (2008) .

4. blnbr

blnbr

TraderTX, Cygnus, thanks for the info.

I’ll look further into the individual grain prices and the related comments. Hope we catch the price at the low range :)

5. lower.....The Gartman Letter is pretty good for speculation; In addition, Bloomberg will allow you to query past supply/demand data to make your own opinion.

6. .

7. blnbr

blnbr

Grain ETF DBA seems to have a nice technical breakout in the last two days from its recent price range. Hope this price move is sustainable.

Is there any fundamental news or speculation lately?

8. Weekly Corn looks good for a bull run

9. Shagi

Shagi

Except for Rice, where there is real demand - the bull runs in most grains are ineversely proportional to dollar collapse :D

10. I can't help but to really like selling corn at these levels again (I already have a position) There is a ton of corn in the bins from last year and the farmers are going to have to dump it soon.

I got to thinking yesterday, we break to decade lows in the indices but we can't get below 2006 corn prices? The commercial support that helped these last two weeks could be absent on anotherleg down, I think we see 2's by Dec.

#10     Aug 3, 2009