What do you make of this job?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Sep 6, 2007.

1. It's 5 minutes from my home which is what I'm looking for No city, bridge and tunnel to NYC for me...Does it sound like a donkey job?

Fast growth financial service company is seeking recent grads to manage and close corporate bank trades. Seeking hard-working, energetic individuals who can work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. College degree a must. Detail-oriented, able to adapt quickly to change and capable of multi-tasking and prioritzing. MSOffice skills needed. Be responsible for preparing, reviewing and circulation of trade confirmations, agreements and funding memos. Be proactive in researching problems. Deal closely with agent banks, counterparties and legal counsel to execute settlements in a timely manner. Corporate, professional manner needed. Salary $38K +. Immediate hire for right candidates!

2. sim03

sim03

"manage and close trades", lol. Standard, mind-numbing, back-office grind.

3. Sounds brainless and low pressure(perfect). I just like that its close to home and a 5 minute commute. I will be in touch with recruiter in about 2 hours for details.

4. opm8

opm8

You couldn't pay me enough to work for $38K a year.

opm8

5. mde2004

mde2004

Typical American, ungrateful maggot.

6. sjfan

sjfan

It's a backoffice job. Backoffice jobs are mindless but certain not low pressure. I can see our backoffice where I sit - these guys consistently get yelled at. It's pretty much the same everything: operations is the worst place to be in.

But.... I've seen backoffice guys lifted into the middle office and then lifted into the front office - some as long as 20Ys, others 3. The vast majority won't make it.

7. gnome

gnome

Nobody believes that. I'll bet if they paid you $100K, you'd work for $38K.

8. opm8

opm8

lol. Bad trading day?

opm8

9. Please translate. Some of us don't speak ass-clown.

10. opm8

opm8

Holy crap. Why so uptight, dude? Are you getting enough fiber in your diet?

opm8

#10     Sep 6, 2007