what do you know..a bunch of religious people killed eachother

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Babak

Babak

#21     Nov 26, 2002
  2. Nice people. Do they eat infidels ?

#22     Nov 26, 2002
  3. Babak

Babak

#23     Nov 26, 2002
  4. #24     Nov 26, 2002
  5. Is that what the Canadians mean when they say "Hoser!"???

#25     Nov 26, 2002
  6. well at least we don't have people raving on this thread that its all about oil, because we know that isn't true. But, I think saying its all religion isn't entirely true either. Its about the entire arab culture ( i know they aren't all technically arabs but I think you know what I mean ).

The ideals of democracy and free markets mean nothing to a large portion of the world, and especially the middle east. The closest thing in that part of the world is Israel, and even if Israel was not a jewish state there would still be conflict over culture. The muslims that have adapted completely to western culture are also the enemies of Osama and friends. They really hate the entire western way of life, even though the upper classes are total hypocrites. Basically if you are rich and politically connected you can do whatever you want, but if you aren't, then you are doomed to a life of suffering. America never was like that ( except for slaves and the indians), and isn't like that now, in spite of the rantings of left wingers. Also america was founded by religious heretics and radical freethinkers. That makes us natural enemies.

#26     Nov 26, 2002
  7. Babak

Babak

The reason I like her is that when the riots broke out she was the FIRST girl among 92 to officially leave the pageant saying that she did not want to be involved with anything that has caused so much bloodshed.

The organizers officially accepted and removed her from the running.

Then when everyone later came to the realization that they would have to move/reschedule the damn thing...she was reinstated.

Cute and principalled. :D

#27     Nov 27, 2002