what do you know..a bunch of religious people killed eachother

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 24, 2002.

1. lmao, yeah. nah, i just happened to click on that article using google.

as usual, the real deal from daniel_m!

#11     Nov 24, 2002
  2. These things happen in the countries where general population is not developed or educated enough. I think that it is not a coincidence that the majority of those countries practice Muslim religion. Is there any other religion that proclaims Holly war, approves self killing (shahids), oppresses women, can kill a man over torn pages from Koran (happened in Pakistan), can sentence a girl to be raped because her brother went out with a girl from higher cast (in Pakistan), can sentence a woman to be stoned for having a child out of wedlock (Nigeria). TV shows pictures of proud family members of suicide bombers in Palestine, where their neighbors congratulate them with something only they know what. If that is not approved by Muslims why they do not say about it ? I do not see on TV their clerics condemning these things.

#12     Nov 24, 2002
  3. i eagerly await ET's resident muslim apologist Traderfut's response...

#13     Nov 25, 2002
    #14     Nov 25, 2002
  5. 'Journalist's mistake'

Mrs Morley told news conference in London on Monday it had not been a mistake to hold the contest in Nigeria.

"What was a mistake was a journalist making a remark he shouldn't have made," she said.

She was referring to a newspaper column in Nigeria in which a Christian journalist wrote that the Muslim prophet Mohammed might have chosen a Miss World contestant as a bride.

The rioting began with a protest by Muslims in Kaduna last Wednesday over the article,
    which they saw as trivialising their objections to the contest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2510891.stm

#15     Nov 25, 2002
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I despise religion for what it has done to me.

It has made me afraid to fly.
    It has made me afraid to visit family in NYC.
    It has made me afraid to trade overnight.
    It has made me afraid to watch the news.

I am a proud atheist.

#16     Nov 25, 2002
  7. What's wrong with all of these conservative Muslims? They cause far more harm than good because of their twisted view of life.

#17     Nov 25, 2002
  8. Isn't the old saying, pride goes before an atheist?

#18     Nov 25, 2002
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Or there are no atheists in a foxhole?
    But that is open to interpretation for sure:)

#19     Nov 25, 2002
  10. same here! :cool:

#20     Nov 25, 2002