What do you guys think

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gilch, Mar 31, 2008.

1. gilch

gilch

2. i never understand why people waste so much money buying those multiple display bundles....

instead of paying $3k for 1x 21" and 5x 17" why dont you get:

1) 1x dell ultrasharp 24" lcd $500
    2) 5x dell ultrasharp 17" lcd $200
    3) pick a multi display stand from dell for $700 (ie: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A0639933 )

you end up saving about $1k, but more importantly getting a 24" instead of a 21" as main display. I dont know about the quality of those noname "premium" lcds, but i know dell ultrasharp is one of the best commercial monitors you can buy and more than enough for any kind of trading.

3. bighog

bighog Guest

Design your own screen stands etc and take the plans to a local welder to fix you up for a song and a dance to feel better that you are smarter than the marketing people that sell $100 for a grand+.

Thay do not out those 4 holes in back of screens just for high dollar junk. BE CREATIVE .. :)

4. gilch

gilch

thanks!

5. balda

balda

Current prices at costco.com

all 24"

Dell $380

Viewsonic $320

Scepture $300

6. Lots of vendors selling multi monitor stands such as Ergotron for a fraction of the cost of the package deals. Just do Google searches for multi monitor stand or display. I really like the stands from Chief. Although they run a little more spendy than Ergotron, each monitor can swivel up/down and sideways. Also has guides to hide cables, and can be configured for just about any display combo you can dream up.

7. Saw a new LG-2252 at Frye's this past weekend for only $279.00

Not a bad price for a 22" monitor that comes with HDCP.

Very tempting!
    :)

8. It may just be me, but becareful with those 22" or cheap 24" lcds they use a different and cheaper panel technology called TN (i think)

I order one of the cheaper 24" TN panel lcd, but just couldnt stand the screen, it flicks and brightness is not even, gives me a headache looking at those numbers after half hr. Returned it and paid $200 more for a 24" dell ultrasharp and all the problem (and headache) went away.

As far as i know all dell ultrasharp uses the non-TN better panels. I think it's worth the investment to pay a little extra since you will be staring at those screens all day long.

9. gilch

gilch

alrite i purchased all dell ultrasharps and saved a ton .... thanks guy !!