What do you guys think of Seminars for Starters?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by traderbiker, Aug 14, 2010.

1. punter

punter

www.todaytrader.com

those guys actually make money, show their pendings, execs, and open positions....you actually see their screen in real time, its fairly unique.

not my style, not actually a fan of how they trade, but if you want to look over someones shoulder instead of paying 10k for some retarded seminar by some washed out legend, or get scammed into some bs training program, these guys would serve you well.

#11     Aug 18, 2010

2. How do you know they make money, I don't find any track record ?

a 3 day trial track record doesn't qualify,BTW.

#12     Aug 18, 2010
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There must be some sort'uv proof and if there isn't...don't bother unless a minimum of two from any of the below occurs:

* Seminar education material etched in stone as in a book or down-loadable files...real-trading videos a plus. However, it's ok but alone is not good enough.

* Real-time trade posting with archive log...it's ok but alone is not good enough.

* Broker statements (real money) of the teacher or students that say it works...it's ok but alone is not good enough. Those students that continue defending the seminar course without posting proof of their own success...their shills or the teacher hiding behind an anonymous user name to pretend to be a satisfied student.

* Live trading seminars up on a big screen with a real money trading account are the best but I've only heard about a few of these and it ain't cheap (several thousand dollars or more).

Note: Avoid online seminars unless it comes with a minimum of two from the above.

Also, seminar is an extension of mentoring in my opinion. Therefore, I think there should be a screening process used by the teacher to ensure that students are qualified to take the seminar (e.g. using the same or similar trading tools at the teacher) because most traders don't have the critical pieces of the puzzle put together prior to their very first trade.

Mark

#13     Aug 18, 2010

4. The wildebeest in this thread will tear you apart before any lion ever gets to you. You're considered "injured" and therefore a neon light for lions. By the time these herbivores are done with you, you will prefer to be eaten by a lion.

Watch out for people sending you PMs.

What is the difference between a clever midget and a venereal disease?
    One is a cunning runt, and the other is a running cunt

#14     Aug 18, 2010
  5. That was actually one of the main ones I had in mind. I watched their videos for a year when I first began, along with purchasing StockVision partly for the great chat room there. TodayTrader also has a lot of free content out there as well.

#15     Aug 18, 2010
  6. i had them scanned already and they have quite a big amount of free vids also on youtube, also for 40bucks (which is an easy investment) for one month i can try out the monthly swing service and see what stocks they provide (maybe find out why) and they have a weekly webinar reviewing the market and action.

same applies btw. for thestockbandit; its for 100bucks a month, but he reviews the market daily (15min vid) and also a picklist daily.

btw. both have a trading record on their homepage.

i think i can get at least some out of these offerings, seeing the theorie applied to the market by more experienced people will surely give me some kind of better understanding. nevertheless, its just to develop my own understanding and not follow them blindly.

i also tried mr.swing, but for me that was just to much info there. i also joined the free trial at pristine, and joined a free webinar (which was basically a selling pitch) and took part in their online trading room (tptm), more confusing than helping currently.

#16     Aug 18, 2010
  7. #17     Aug 18, 2010
  8. #18     Aug 18, 2010
  9. service, and then directly below "swing trading service" there is the link, tough slightly hidden (in blue) swing trading results for 2010

#19     Aug 18, 2010