What do you guys think of JCP after all?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Aschachter, Apr 14, 2013.

1. dartmus

dartmus

Did you short yesterday or are you waiting for the first poke above 10? You covering at 8.40 or going to be greedy and get squeezed on second push through 10?

#41     Aug 1, 2014
  2. ideally, i would like to see people buying $10s before getting in...

just my 2 cents :D

#42     Aug 1, 2014
  3. hughb

hughb

Apparently the recent increase in activity was due to an expected new CEO. When it was revealed that the CEO was actually going to go to Target, the stock started falling. I dumped mine at 9.26 yesterday. It's still on my watch list, though.

#43     Aug 5, 2014
  4. hughb

hughb

So, I went back and bought JCP again last Tuesday at 10.41. I like it, if Jesse Livermore were here today he would say that the tape says it is under accumulation. Lots of these beaten down retailers are rallying, it's uncommon to see stocks of the same sector appearing in my nightly database scans, but right now many of them are. ROST is another one, I've had it on my list since July.

#44     Aug 27, 2014
  5. Yes, I am in too, the accumulation is obviously going to take us over $12.00, when we held $10 it was time to hope on this boat. Retail is hot, GPS, ANF, LULU, URBN, ZUMZ all have taken out their highs off their lows with most taking out their 52 week highs. JCP should have printed a 52 week high but we have that time period where we were above $14 shortly, looks strong and solid with their CEO back, hope she makes us bank.

#45     Aug 28, 2014
  6. S&P has JP Morgan's analyst saying he think's this is a good Fall Play. Use your Brokerage to access JP Morgan and S&P's comments on JCP.

"...Analyst Matthew Boss said the stock "sets up well" for investors to own through the end of 2014. Boss believes a large-scale restructuring of J.C. Penney's (JCP) store base, with closures of more than 100 stores, is likely after year-end." Market Edge commenting on JP Morgan's comments, interesting turn-around situation we got. Let's hope for $13, Cheers!

#46     Aug 28, 2014
  7. hughb

hughb

Credit Suisse rates it a sell. I may buy some more on this sell off if my margin doesn't run out...

#47     Sep 19, 2014
  8. hughb

hughb

Ouch.

#48     Oct 8, 2014
  9. I got in Friday at $7.20 1/2 position thus far. Strong dollar, cheap gas, easy y/y comps. Black Friday is 6 weeks away. 2 mo. swing trade back to 10-11?

#49     Oct 12, 2014
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

L 3000 @ 7.51

#50     Oct 13, 2014