What do you guys think of Doug Kass,James Altucher,and Jeff Cooper

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mahram, Jan 24, 2006.

1. http://www.traderdaily.com/news/item/978.html
    Although we can' be responsible for ALL of our siblings behavior, the above is quite disturbing and does not reflect well on Doug Kass. Couple that with his super-short positions in home building stocks since 2004, and I would say he is on his way to the Vic N. "house of shame".

#11     Jan 24, 2006
  2. Who?

#12     Jan 24, 2006
  3. anyone have info on circle T performance since the "incident"

thank you,

surf

#13     Jan 24, 2006
  4. thats the guy son. It doesnt reflect on doug kass's trading. Its really diffucult to pass on success to successive generations. If that was possible, there would be bunch of young cramer traders.

#14     Jan 24, 2006
  5. And to put things into perspective William O Neil is about twice as old as any of them ;
    & more than 2 times as helpful,especially his $5-10 dollar books :cool:

#15     Jan 27, 2006
  6. kztd

kztd Guest

I have Cooper's books and they are just back fit strategies. LIke oh if A & B & C then it will break out.

Oh look here's a chart where u could have made a point, here's another where u could have made 2 points. No mention of the fact that that day the market moved 300 points all by itself, the stock reported an earnings surprise, or all the times it didn't work.

From my analysis, they generate a meaningless bunch of entry points (not much talk about exiting the trade either).

Paradoxicaly, if you're a good trader, a meaningless entry point is all you really need so I wouldn't be totally surprised if he actually believed his own b.s..

:eek:

#16     Jan 29, 2006