what do you guys think of DELL?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by skynet, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Looks like Peter was right.... on the day this thread started Dell opened below $22. Now above $27. Hope you covered.

#11     Aug 15, 2002
  2. was alot of fun,,,should see buyers early between 27.15-27.20
    just based on after hours trade

#12     Aug 15, 2002
  3. "Makes an outstanding computer using industry leading parts."

not any more on all the machines.i just got a new 1.8 gig dimension 4500s.what a cheap pos.2 pci slots.integrated video that makes it very sluggish.win xp home that sucks.
    was cheap though.$421 and free shipping.

#13     Aug 15, 2002

4. I've had good results from their service in the past (2yrs ago), but I can't speak to that now. certainly the quality of parts has dropped off a cliff in the past 18 months.

As for the stock - it's over 50 times earnings. My god is TA but I'm smart enough to bow to the FA guys. a 50 P/E can't last.

#14     Aug 15, 2002
  5. Couldn't agree more matt. On the stock that is. I don't own a dell. Although the growth is projected from increased market share, the PE is way out of line for expectations. Meeting earnings estimates now means the stock won't tank, but it's P will adjust to a more reasonable P/E.

This stock is going to 10.

Who knows - all I know is....

#15     Aug 15, 2002
  6. they were the first to have the UXGA screen at 15", which could support 1600x1200, which was simply extraordinary.

Now Sony has a 16.7" UXGA at 1600x1200, IBM A31 & T30 series at 15" UXGA, and just about every other major.

IBM took the lead in weight at 10.8lbs, but offers built in WIFI with 802.11 protocols and a choice of Bluetooth also.

Sorry to hear their support and product quality has fallen. Perhaps, DUDE, I won't be getting a Dell!

#16     Aug 15, 2002
  7. dc122

dc122

Skynet you wouldn't happen to be called skyrats on another forum?

#17     Aug 17, 2002
  8. BillyG67

BillyG67

I just bought a dell for less than i could find from anywhere (Name Brands & Clones) I am happy with it so far . To you paid under 500.00 for a 1.8g where can you find that anywhere else? Do you think you could even buy cheap parts on your own and build it for that price? You got what you paid for and probably a little extra.:)

The Stock : They are crushing the market and gaining share.
    i belive the first upgrade when things finally turn with corporate spending will be computers. they are over due with many co purchasing for y2k and the 3 year cycle. As people got laid off from co's these companies took there computers and sold them, gave them to charity, to employees for home and shelved some.

I know i got a laptop from one of them.

Long term Im bullish on dell
    Short term its coming up to resistance

#18     Aug 17, 2002
  9. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

dude- you're getting a dell !!!! hey steven, can you tell us how great dells are?? i cant stand that little shit, so i would say short the stock- everyone will see the commercials and boycott dells- sales will fall, revenues will plummet, cats will chase dogs, chaos will reign- the stock will drop down faster than a cheap hooker......its money in the bank, brother !!!!

#19     Aug 17, 2002
  10. Rigel

Rigel

You haven't lost your touch man.:p

#20     Aug 17, 2002