What do you guys think of Barchart.com???

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by NomaN, Aug 15, 2002.

1. NomaN

NomaN

Hello,

I was wondering if any one has used barchart.com's realtime service??? It seems fairly cheap compared to the other service's out there...

What is it missing that I might need? Where else could I go for quotes and charts that might be better? Or a better value?

2. Noma, depends on what you need. I found barcharts to be a bit awkward, but I have never used the realtime subscription. As far as cost goes, many here like the lycos live charts. They are only $9.95 a month plus exchange fees. I only trade e mini, so my needs might be different than yours.
    One thing I learned when shopping for charts, it is usually a good idea to subscribe one month at a time instead of trying to save on the one year discount. Because needs change and so do the chart vendors.

3. I had Barcharts realtime streaming quotes for a while. It's Java based streaming quotes in your browser. It offers bid/ask size, bid/ask, last. You don't have streaming charts. I used it as backup for my streaming quotes from my broker.

Cheers !!! :)

4. Don't do it, surf