what do you guys make of EUR/USD?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sKaLpZ, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Well, I can't say that's bad trading structure! :D

However... let's take it to the next level...

In your mind, when does "flow" vs "splash" change?

In other words, will you keep shorting it and having your SL hit? You know, 17-pips every time tends to add up to "losing," no? Being a "losing trader?"

If 1.2250 looks good for a short... and you made money... will not 1.2280 look better? 1.2310 better?? 1.2350 even better???

Prettty soon the euro is zoomng past 1.2800... are you still a short player?

I placed 100s of short trades from Sept to Dec 30th (1,2100s to 1.3665) last year - about 50 of them stuck - the rest eeked out meager profits.

Overall the trade was an (unexpected) 8-month nightmare in which I narrowly escaped getting bagged.

Maybe you're a better trader than me, if so, then you must have a way to more accurately deal with the mischief the "wheuro" (whore) causes.

Its high today is 1.2280. Is that also its "pivot?" What happens if the "pivot" changes and fcks you royally as euro "pivots" (pointing downward) all the way up to 1.40?

adr,

fx

#41     Aug 24, 2005
  2. Unlike last time where I almost got killed, this time I am in this with Neil long euro all the way.

In that regard, Neil with his trade size can help make us both money! :)

Although I suspect when we reach the top this year, he may be buying a mansion whereas I may be buying a tint to go camping with.

I may not trade as concentrated size-wise as he does but I will definitely get every pip on the way up this time - year end. :)

Btw, Ivan didn't any checks from me. :D

adr,

fx

#42     Aug 24, 2005
  3. I only short when it's below the pivot - or the 200 day MA line. After that, I go long.

#43     Aug 25, 2005
  4. OK... well, we just hit over 1.2300.

are you now short or long?

#44     Aug 25, 2005
  5. Holmes

Holmes

Forwards to the next chop-chop range! Yippee!! YES, YES, some more money being poured into the account, keep it coming, don't stop!

PS You guys having fun yet? Thanks for donating!

:D :D :D

Sherlock

:cool:

#45     Aug 25, 2005
  6. At the moment, I'm neither as I am being cautious about a false breakout. All my subscription services are warning about EUR's ability to sustain this run. So I'm out. I am, however, long on CAD at 1.1890 as I think this is an absolutely absurd price for CAD given the USD future.

#46     Aug 25, 2005
  7. Another smart move by Ivan.

Who do I make my check out too? :D

CAD - WOW you're right! That sucker is SO low... wtf??

I would trade it, I just can't stomach USD/CAD - if memory serves me, it pays sht for pips, it sucks interest either way you go, it's expensive - it's just an all-around fcked up pair.

Well, good luck with that.

I'm out again for the night guys, ya'll take care.

:D

theskalper

#47     Aug 25, 2005