what do you guys make of EUR/USD?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sKaLpZ, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Woohoo! Another EUR push back over 1.22 - let's hope it gets up around 1.2245 again.

#31     Aug 24, 2005
  2. Holmes

Holmes

may days on this level: June 1, June 22, June 28, July 12, July 15....

Nice ping - pong: down - up - down - up - down..... Yippee!

Sherlock

#32     Aug 24, 2005
  3. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Does anyone see an end of a 4th wave in an Elliott wave sequence on the Daily charts? The 5th wave is down below the last low, but should take some time to get there.

I'm not much into Elliott wave patterns, but those people that are should see this very clearly.

Bottom line, the Eur/Usd is going lower, at least in my opinion.

#33     Aug 24, 2005
  4. It's expensive when you're wrong, is all I'm saying :) The "higher it goes, the more I want to short it" attitude is a killer every so often. But I probably put you on the wrong time frame you trade on when you say "go back up", given the above, so I guess misinterpretations both ways.

Nope, I didn't even realize we went anywhere in eur this week. But apparently you'd like a pat on the back for your efforts. There you go! :)

#34     Aug 24, 2005
  5. PS, I think going long at 1.2245 the next time we get there will get you your 40 pips faster! jmo

#35     Aug 24, 2005
  6. That's why it's your opinion :) 'Cause I don't share it.

As for this round, I shorted again at 1.2250 with a tight stop at 1.2267, but got stopped this time. However, a 17 pip loss is nothing when compared with the several hundred pips shorting. And if it breaks the pivot again, I'll continue shorting it.

And saying "We've gone nowhere" is rather interesting considering the chop the last few days, no?

#36     Aug 24, 2005
  7. I hate to be the odd-ball out. However, I am a strong buyer of EUR here expecting significantly higher EUR prices in the coming few weeks. I may load up on some knock-in options as well to supercharge this trade. I may have been the one writing checks to Ivan, however, I really in it for the year-end bonus. :)

#37     Aug 24, 2005
  8. That's alright, TY :) I'm sure I'll either be paying you by year end or have already paid you a while back.

Just shorted the pivot break at 1.2265 again.

#38     Aug 24, 2005
  9. qtip

qtip

I shorted at 12274 on the Euro Currnency futures. I wanted to add that I follow the spot market but place all of my trades through the futures.

On the spot, i have noticed the .2230 as a key level. If we can break this on the downside., I am looking for it to move to .2160 in the next couple of weeks. Also, it seems that there is a huge fight between buyers and sellers at the 2250 mark on the futures currency.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

BTW, can anyone suggest any Forex books with quality information for technical and fundamental anaylysis.

Good luck trading!

#39     Aug 24, 2005
  10. It's ok man, like I said, you misinterpreted my intent when I used the word "expensive". No need to justify your position or qualify the losses here, it really wasn't your outlook on the direction of eur that my original post referred to anyways. But keep up the great trading! :)

#40     Aug 24, 2005