what do you guys make of EUR/USD?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sKaLpZ, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Agreed.

#21     Aug 23, 2005
  2. Expensive attitude to take :)

#22     Aug 23, 2005
  3. Seasonally, Euro trends (sometimes chops) higher through the end of the year before beginning selloff early Jan. Same w/ Yen.

This is (historical) fact, not opinion. And no guarantee how '05 will turn out.

#23     Aug 23, 2005
  4. Holmes

Holmes

History of Euro is too short to be of any statistical significance. Likely more to do who is president in the US.

Have no opinion - follow your system. Opinions lead to the poorhouse.

I am fighting it (wanting to override my system because of an opinion that I have) every now and then but the system is more often right than me.

Sherlock

#24     Aug 23, 2005
  5. Yeah, sure seems that way. At least for someone, but not me. Another 40 pips shorting overnight. That makes somewhere around 250 pips in the last few days, just shorting every time there's a 1.2265 failure.

Are you the guy writing my checks? :)

#25     Aug 24, 2005
  6. Scratch that. 70 pips more on that last trade. And here's where I close it.

#26     Aug 24, 2005
  7. Ivan be baaaad. :D

#27     Aug 24, 2005
  8. Hey, if people want to ignore the big picture simply because of either a technical follow through, or some mildly luke-warm data from the EU, then let them. I'm certainly not going to miss the boat.

#28     Aug 24, 2005
  9. guys, I can't remember the last time I got a euro entry signal - seems like weeks.

euro's been floating right in between my gun sights high and low - I haven't been able to get off a clean shot!

However you guys are doing it... geeesh....

Ivan, what happens if you short it at 1.2250... and it keeps climbing...?

#29     Aug 24, 2005
  10. Then, depending on how far it climbs, it hits my stop loss. That's FOREX trading, dude. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. The trick is understanding the flow, not the splash.

But since 1.2265 was the pivot point, and my stop was just above that, I lose 17 or so pips if it breaks the pivot. If it doesn't, like I think it's not going to, I short it for 30-40 pips or so until it bounces. Which I did about 5 times now.

#30     Aug 24, 2005