What do you guys do at 11:30?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by masonyes, Apr 19, 2010.

1. masonyes

masonyes

I am basing this theory off the small number of stocks that I've reviewed but it seems like that stocks seem to dip around lunch time usually to their day-time low. Am I crazy?

2. Bakinec

Bakinec

Why doesn't the NYC lodge take my application? These idiots think 1 year's difference going to make much difference?

Midday is range time, at least for index futures.

3. 1) Small Sample Bias?
    2) Stocks should do "that" during a downtrend. :cool:

4. foxridge

foxridge

I am an index trader. I stay away from the doldrums. The ranges provide many traps. Once I realized that 30% of stop-outs occurred during this period- I abandoned it and has greatly increased my overall gains.

I do not enter a new trade after 11:15 am.

Of course, every strategy requires some flexibility. On certain days the EU has some emergency announcement or there maybe a long-term Fib trend that was hit causing a reversal. Therefore, I will set price alarms outside the existing range and I will receive a text page to "get back to work".

I hope this helps.

5. 11:30 is when Europe's markets close. Europe's markets should close at a certain area. After that, the US markets are free to do what they want. Before 11:30, both markets generally move together.

6. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

I eat lunch.

Joe.

7. risky63

risky63

warming up on the driving range.

8. At 10:30 central time (my time) my eyes are glued to the monitor.

9. Buy reits hand over fist. Just like every other day. What else would i be doing?

10. after 6 mos. of professional trading i have adopted this strategy as well and i trade in equities only. after 12p cst no more new positions, but i do keep an eye on a few stocks if i'm expecting a big movement.

#10     Apr 23, 2010