What do you do with your excess cash?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aisone, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Aisone

Aisone

At this point, I don't use a lot of my trading capital, yet am holding it in the account 'just in case.' However a lot of it sat idle in all in 2017, earning IB's meager interest rate.

What do you do with your excess cash in situations like this?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. "Excess cash".... is that anything like "spare change"?

3. Aisone

Aisone

That would be a matter of investing in perspective.

4. I was making a joke... as in panhandlers asking if you've got any "spare change"? "Spare"... meaning money you'd wouldn't miss as inconsequential, so might as well give it to them.

Are you not American? Do you not understand American humor?

5. 312

I light my Belicosos with it

6. ktm

ktm

Not sure how much you have, but for me...standing timber, PIPE deals with solid interest rates and favorable convertible terms, some high grade corporates.

312 likes this.
  7. Shame on you. Didn't yo' mama ever tell you to not smoke? Bad for your health.

312 likes this.
  8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I use Marcus at GS, 1.60% for a savings account.

9. Several/lots of banks nowdays paying comparable rates.... and we have some of them.

Wifey says, "you can risk your money in the markets", but "I want my money safe... in the bank and insured".

What can I say? She controls the pussy!

LOL!

10. Aisone

Aisone

Shaire, oim froom aroond haire! [/irish accent]

Apologies if my reply sounded [?]. Humor appreciated. I only meant to imply that it could or couldn't be considered 'spare change', depending on where one's perspective rests (yet I used the term, "investing", so as to make it more relevant to the investment community. :) )

#10     Apr 27, 2018