What do you do With Someone who just Doesn't

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Apr 14, 2005.

1. #71     May 22, 2005
  2. :D :D :D

#72     May 22, 2005
  3. Everest

Everest

fire them

#73     May 22, 2005
  4. LaSalle

LaSalle

I like that.

Discipline is something that happens one trade at a time. Discipline isn't something learned or acquired, it is something practiced.

#74     May 22, 2005
  5. j1900q

j1900q

I agree with LaSalle, and a big loss or two will drive the point home. Show me a full time trader that has not blown an account at least once and I'll show you a trader that has just that event waiting to happen in the future. Have a good one.
    Keith

#75     May 29, 2005
  6. For what its worth....I used to have this same issue. I channeled my energy into developing code to trade automated strategies. Now the computer trades and not me. I am much more relaxed, I deal with losses much better and my confidence has soared. I make money on a regular basis and before I automated it just wasn't happening.

I don't overtrade anymore either.

Now my job is to keep the shop open. ISP, Computer, UPS, etc. If I do this, I make money.

Good luck. I know it is not for everyone, but give it consideration.

SweetLettuce

#76     May 29, 2005
  7. Kermit

Kermit

I concur. That’s been my experience too.

#77     May 29, 2005
  8. I don't agree with that at all. A trader who is diligent at managing risk will never blow out. I have taken several big hits over my career as a trader, but have never come close to blowing out because as I lose money I immediately begin to reduce my risk and exposure to the market. I also manage my position size so that in the event that the worse case scenario happens, I will still be in business the next day. Scenario planning will help traders get a solid grasp on risk management.

Good trading to all!

Mike

#78     May 29, 2005