What do you do With Someone who just Doesn't

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Get them laid and have the hooker make trade suggestions, that always works ina down market.

#51     Apr 18, 2005
  2. OK, I have a long position on so I can take a moment here. First, it is obvious that you are in the wrong profession. You are trading while being paid to do another job. If I were your boss, and I found that you were doing this, I would ask whether you wanted to quit now or in the next 5 minutes. You really don't need a psychologist. What you need is to take responsibility for your actions. Frankly I am glad that you are providing liquidity to my market, however I hate to see people waste their lives. Decide what you want to do, and do it in a straightforward way. If you are not having success. Stop. Stop deceiving your boss. Stop doing things half assed, just stop. Take some time off, decide whether you want to be a person of character or some jerkoff trying to trade part time from your cubicle. Make the changes necessary to have a life you can be proud of. If you start now, you can eventually tell your friends that you were temporarilly insane but then you "woke up" and got it right. :D

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Lefty

Edit:

I am taking half profits here at 1150. I made several bad decisions earlier, and this winner just made up for them all. :D
    Hate to admit it, but I really like countertrend entries.

#52     Apr 18, 2005
  3. "Do or Die" point here for the Spoos. If the mid point of the previous wide range bar doesn't stop the bleeding (on a closing basis), I am out.

Edit:

1147.75 was my "line in the sand". So far the swing up is still in charge. I have a half position long from 1147.25. :D If we see 49.50, I will add to my position.

Thumbs down, I am out with a small loser. On to the next trade.

#53     Apr 18, 2005
  4. No I haven't.. whenever I've taken time off from work its always cause I have something planned..vacation, etc...

#54     Apr 18, 2005
  5. the only one I know of is Robin Dayne at www.robindayne.com

Thought about using her 5 week course.. if you do please let me know how it turns out.

#55     Apr 18, 2005
  6. Flashboy, you're not income dependant on trading, your occupation has a lot of 'empty time' which you're filling with trading. It sounds as if you're bored playing with trading, maybe you should switch to online poker for a while.
    Maybe you're bored with your present life, your current trading being a symptom of that 'boredom'; if so you have a lot more to think about than trading.

#56     Apr 18, 2005
  7. backman

backman

i briefly worked with robin some years ago, and was less than impressed....never finished my session with her, never asked for a refund

FWIW

#57     Apr 18, 2005
  8. flash and back:

thanks for your replies.

i really need someone to talk to about building a better psychological outlook/plan regarding my trading approach. i am a gifted trader but have some issues about my behavior patterns in trading. have you guys ever heard of Alexander Elder. I'm sure you have for he is a famous trader/psychologist. I may try him. Any further info. would be greatly appreciated. I will post back if any news.

thanks.

alex

#58     Apr 18, 2005
  9. Its all about will power. I had to break a lot of other bad habits before I built up the will power to stick to my trading rules. I'm still not 100% but getting there.

#59     Apr 18, 2005
  10. the reason most fail daytrading/trading is the same reason most fail in dieting.

#60     Apr 18, 2005