What do you do With Someone who just Doesn't

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Apr 14, 2005.

1. #41     Apr 16, 2005
  2. Flashboy, based on the chart you posted, I think you'd benefit from reading ‘Elliott Wave Principle : Key to Market Behavior' by Frost and Prechter to gain an understanding of Price Movement; learn to use a Channel tool and the Fibonacci Price Levels tool.

Do you Short as often as Buy ?

#42     Apr 18, 2005
  3. I short and buy about the same amount..

The only thing is I tend to try and pick bottoms much more than I try to pick tops..

And as I look back over my trading I always and I mean always trade well for a week or so and then blow up in and give it all back in 1 or 2 days and its usually from getting caught in down trending days trying to pick the bottom and get back my losses..

I believe Iceman had it right.. I need to dig deep inside myself and figure out why I do these things ..

#43     Apr 18, 2005
  4. You've known this for a long time...most do...

No light bulb discovery there.

However, the fact that you have continue the same path implies that whatever it is your doing by yourself (to resolve this problem) isn't working.

Now here's the other side of the problem...

How can you continue to afford to keep losing when you can't afford help from someone that has the ability to figure out whats really going on and possibly provide resolution ???

Simply, you can afford to get help but you'll rather take your chance via self-help.

That brings me back to the original question when I first met you here at EliteTrader.com

Do you want to succeed ???

So far...I would say no.

NihabaAshi

#44     Apr 18, 2005
  5. I guess a big part of this is I hate to spend a lot of money on something I am afraid will not work or could be a scam..

#45     Apr 18, 2005
  6. Well...I know you can look into the backgrounds of psychologist.

I had a sports psychologist and a non-sport psychologist when I ran into a dead end wall while competing in sports at a top level...

It helped tremendously (I improved dramatically) but not enough to be competitive against the best.

Another example...I have a friend that was in a trouble relationship and wanted to salvage it...

He and his spouse saw a marriage counselor (psychologist)...it helped them a lot and its like they got a new start on life as a couple.

I guess the need is dependent upon the individual.

Some people that hit a wall in whatever they are doing in life...can resolve it on their own...

Many can't.

I guess if you feel you haven't hit a dead end sort'uv speak in your trading and strongly feel you can resolve your problems prior to not being able to trade anymore (account blow up or just quitting)...

Keep trading...reduce your size or avoid the time periods of the day when you tend to lose money et cetera.

Maybe something will click one day for you and your able to sucessfully apply it on a consistent basis.

NihabaAshi

#46     Apr 18, 2005
  7. I want to play psychologist for a bit if you don't mind Flashboy and have a couple of questions.

Where's your office located, in your home or elsewhere ?
    Are you a fulltime trader ?
    What hours do you spend in front of the computer ?
    If you " always trade well for a week or so and then blow up in and give it all back in 1 or 2 days " that suggests you end up with zero profit or less; if that is so, what is the source of your income — living expenses — as it appears not to be from trading ?
    How long have you been a 'full time' trader ?

#47     Apr 18, 2005
  8. 1. I actually trade while at my full time job in an office.
    2. All day.. from 8 am to 6pm CST
    3. see #1.
    4. Been trading part time off and on for about 5 years now

#48     Apr 18, 2005
  9. anyone know of a good trading psychologists?

i'm desperately in need of a 2x4 to the head....

thanks.

alex

#49     Apr 18, 2005
  10. Have you ever traded full-time while on vacation or leave of absence from your office job ???

If so...what was your trading results ?

If not...why not ?

NihabaAshi

#50     Apr 18, 2005