What do you do while you're waiting for a trade to materialize?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Golden Retriever Trading, Feb 28, 2017.

1. I sit patiently and wait for the next trade. No distractions except for some background music. No financial channels on the tv.

#21     Mar 4, 2017
  2. Handle123

Handle123

Anyone trade on a boat so you can sit there and fish?

#22     Mar 6, 2017
    beginner66 and murray t turtle like this.
  3. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings Handle,

A 1980's highly successful trader named Stanley Kroll, who you likely would come across in the business back then, also of the book titled: Kroll on Futures fame, used to trade from his boat while fishing and traveling around the globe. On a conversation with him one time, the "ship-to-shore" communications of the early 80's, in addition to his "sailing duties", didn't make the journey as fun and relaxing as what he initially thought it would be, and the whole "adventure" ended shortly thereafter. I think it was a lot more work than he expected, and no longer fun. Though, I would imagine that today things would be a hell of a lot different.

But since I still swim like a brick, and "heave my cookies" on a regular basis while on a boat, its definitely not in the cards for me...smile.

KDASFTG

#23     Mar 6, 2017
  4. I tried trading on my boat. It went ok if you manage the distractions. No fishing just trading. Internet access was also a bit of a problem.

#24     Mar 6, 2017
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Well, the next property I will buy will be a farm, so I was thinking a priority would be small river nearby and wonder if I can run cable internet 100 yards to dock? Then hook up to Wifi. Automation is great, but I have found you start losing your abilities when you stop doing manual. I guess I am not ready yet to walk away from scalping, long term trading is so tame compared to scalping. Where abouts are you when you traded that way?

Scratch this river from trading.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    #25     Mar 6, 2017
    beginner66 likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Howdy KDASFTG, heard of him long ago, he had more of fun books for reading, but I don't recall much insights when I was crawling along. Am guessing he thought sailing was going to be fun in open waters? I don't know myself of today being any easier other than having GPS and cell phone would have to be GPS type, I often wonder how people store enough water on their boats or do they have a way to turn sea water into drinkable? Am allergic to fish and shellfish so boat would have to be large for me storing veggies, it be a short cruise for sure, LOL

#26     Mar 6, 2017
    beginner66 likes this.
  7. I was down in the florida keys. Conected to the internet through satellite uplink. Hit or miss at best.

#27     Mar 6, 2017
  8. Handle123

Handle123

So like the "bubble" on a roof or like Qualcomm devices where movement they still bring in information? Supposedly?

#28     Mar 6, 2017
    beginner66 likes this.
  9. Ya it looks like R2D2 from star wars. It is stabilized so the wave action and biat movement wont be a problem. I was not scalping at the time so the momentary internet problems were not a big deal. I dont think it would work for scalping.

#29     Mar 6, 2017
  10. Stanley Kroll also wrote, "The Professional Commodity Trader" He really opened my eyes in the basics of real simple trading instead of the standard TA approach preached by many.

#30     Mar 6, 2017