What do you do when you have opened a trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Zyker, Jan 30, 2011.

1. moonmist

moonmist

Q: What do you do when you have opened a trade?

A: Kneel down, and pray to the Trading God.:p

#11     Jan 30, 2011
  2. I verbally abuse price. If long: "Come on you lazy bitch! Get up and move your fat ass!" If short: "Get down on your knees, bitch, and go down on me!"

#12     Jan 30, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

LOL reminds me of a guy we used to have at our prop firm, he used to yell the most crude obscenities i have ever heard at a stock which wasnt going his way, I could have sworn that when he went home at the end of a bad day he must have beat his wife :D

It was funny cause everytime they would get a girl into the room they would quit with in a week, and i think it was because of the stuff this guy was yelling. It probably was bad for anyone new in general, as the guy never cheered on his good positions, he was dead silent when that was going on, so new people must have thought he was losing his ass, it used to be pure comedy.

#13     Jan 30, 2011
  4. spindr0

spindr0

What do you do when you have opened a trade?

I pour another cup of tea, drink it as fast as I can and then consult with the residual tea leaves. For more of a challenge, I do it with alphabet soup.

#14     Jan 30, 2011
  5. That's funny. I really laughed when I read this post.

I yell a lot and other people on my prop floor do as well. However I find I'm quiet when its not going my way and once I get out I may swear. But generally I swear the most when my trade is going my way..."come on you piece of sh!t!!!" is a favorite.

I only start swearing once I'm out of the danger zone... i.e. far enough away from my entry... otherwise I concentrate pretty hard when I'm around break even or if its against me

#15     Jan 30, 2011
  6. Zyker

Zyker

That's exactly what I do too. I'm constantly looking for an invalidation of the basic premise for entering the trade in the first place. If the target gets hit while I'm doing so, fine, but usually I don't pay much attention to this side of the trade.

#16     Jan 31, 2011