What do you do to prepare for your trading day? heres what I do, advice please

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by xdiesel123x, Mar 12, 2010.

1. i use esignal and drop notes in all the charts i screen in the day.

I have daily weekly monthly resistance for the spys and 60/15 minute I do daily

#21     Mar 14, 2010
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

OMG! I had no idea! Have I ever mentioned that I enjoy writing?

:p

#22     Mar 14, 2010
  3. thats a great question. I work a shitty job on the weekends for extra cash. I think this is my reinforcement. I say to myself: do you really want to keep working this beat ass job?

other than that its really my constant drive to become a great trader that makes me think almost every 10-25 minutes how i need to be patient or I will have to quit trading because i will lose all my money.

#23     Mar 14, 2010

4. I have the mot rediculous excel sheets that inlcude. date, time, ticker, thoughts before trade, thoughts after trade, share size, reason to enter the position. i write down and store all the info i can on each trade and i break it down like this:

day of week
    week of money
    month of year
    quater of year

up day?
    down day?

than i jot down all my notes from the day each half hour i type in my journal my thoughts on the market. I do a lot of work on this.

#24     Mar 14, 2010
  5. ammo

ammo

you could add the trades u didnt take and why and the results, this will reinforce the reason for being patient

#25     Mar 14, 2010
  6. aargghh... 'edge' may be the most over rated term on ET :eek:

#26     Mar 14, 2010
  7. Gcapman

Gcapman

Good traders know that in reality, once you have an edge and good discipline, trading successfully is probably one of the easiest things in the world

The only question is whether you spend x years figuring it out for yourself or are lucky enough to know a good trader who will teach you

#27     Mar 14, 2010