What do you dislike about trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Siwash, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Premature gray hair. Ulcer. Divorce. Bankruptcy Court. Sleeping in cardboard boxes.

#11     Sep 11, 2003
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Fund managers that can't beat the S&P500 bitching about how people don't follow "good investing practices" and are just a bunch of momentum followers.

:D

#12     Sep 11, 2003
  3. how some people view me.

#13     Sep 11, 2003
  4. Hawker

Hawker

I completely agree.

Losses are painful, however they are part of the business, The Trading Business. In trading as in any other business in the world you gonna have losses, even the biggest corporations in the globe which hire the most brilliant minds to run their business, have losses. So the goal is try to minimize them, that keep you adrenalized all over the trading day.

Boredom is a big enemy of trading , it can play games in your mind.

Personally i believe that the worst about trading is to turn a winning trading day into a loser one because of any silly mistake at the end of your working day.

That's devastating psychologically speaking.

#14     Sep 11, 2003
  5. Lets not forget them getting paid .01% on billions in assets to mirror the S+P.....

#15     Sep 11, 2003
  6. taodr

taodr

Wow, have you had it bad or what !

#16     Sep 11, 2003
  7. taodr

taodr

You must have had it bad or what!

I hit wrong quote button before.

#17     Sep 11, 2003
  8. LOL.....wish it were me though (not the gray,balding head...already have that part!)

#18     Sep 11, 2003
  9. losing money, lack of steady dependable income, no hot chix to flilrt with.

I prefer working in a firm with lots of other traders, there is a sense of commeraderie about it.

#19     Sep 11, 2003
  10. waxie.

#20     Sep 11, 2003