What do you dislike about trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Siwash, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Siwash

Siwash

I'm a newcomer to the board and have seen a couple of posts about what drew you to trading,what you like about it.I am curious what if any downsides you percieve there to be.This is not meant to produce a bitch and moan thread,more of an honest self appraisal.

2. Atlantic

Atlantic

losses

3. Bingo!

-FastTrader

4. klutz

klutz

the biggest downside is the boredom ..............which means looking at Elite Traders for want of something better to do and then reading a stupid thread like this one and then taking the time to post a reply.......................AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH !!!

5. Trading is the best home-based business. I don't dislike anything about trading. Everyday is an adventure:confused:

And every business has losses. I just closed an educational publishing company(with a sizable loss). It used to be profitable. But with the states' budget crisis, I was waiting up to a year to get paid. And when I had more bad debts than sales...thank goodness I started trading.

6. Moohead

Moohead

The downside is when the bear hit. It's easy to make money when the tide rise. Traditionally Sep and October are two nasty months.

7. opw

opw

Nothing at all.... I just love trading.

And not just the trading, also researching and trying to find new setups.

I used to hate losing. Not anymore, just part of trading.

:D

8. Requires a lot of Patience, which can cause boredom, which can lead to stupid trades due to boredom, resulting in losses

-FastTrader

9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I don't see a bear market as a "downside". Shorting is as much a part of trading as playing the long side so a bear market provides plenty of opportunity to make money. And given the recent run up I'm making most of my intra-day money on the short side.

For the original poster ... I don't see hardly any negatives associated with trading other than the occasional stress when trying to decide whether to blow out of a trade that's gone against you ...

10. dumb ass one lots hitting a shorty to start a freakn short squezze when there is plenty more room for the offer to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10     Sep 11, 2003