What do you call yourself?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NanoTick, Dec 25, 2005.

1. risk manager

#31     Dec 26, 2005
  2. I was playing around with this one myself... But then thought that "risk manager" may imply that you are in the insurance business... And for some reason in my mind I instantly associate this with a silly movie "Along came Poly" and Ben Stiller along with his risk master software... :)

One thing is certain, those of us who do trade for a living are constantly taking on risks associated with the uncertrain future. I laughed when someone else earlier in this post said something about predicting the future. If anything, I personaly do not try to predict anything (at best all we can do is to give an estimate), just try to establish some type of a subjective probability distribution so as to be able to go with the odds, hence the term speculator, and NOT gambler...

#32     Dec 26, 2005
  3. fatrat

fatrat

Emperor.

Just kidding. I just say "Day Trader." It has a negative connotation, but I kind of like the negative publicity.

#33     Dec 26, 2005
  4. fatrat

fatrat

lol. :) I know what you're talking about, but the reason I got into day trading was kind of because of that crazy image.

That negative image just makes being successful just that much more sweet, I think. Especially so when people have that image of you just randomly gambling. I would LOVE, for once in my life, for people to think I'm just one of those "lucky guys."

#34     Dec 26, 2005
  5. Beebers

Beebers

Compulsive Computer-rebooter

#35     Jan 8, 2006
  6. simonee

simonee

P.I.M.P.

#36     Jan 8, 2006
  7. Urkel

Urkel

I reply with this, "Im a mothaf****in hustla, betta ask somebody fool!"

#37     Jan 8, 2006
  8. A trader!

They then continue to tell me some tips on how to pick stocks. "The key is.....To buy low, and...Get this...sell high"

I feel it would be like me saying to a brain surgeon "Hey, why don't you try this?"

#38     Jan 8, 2006
  9. promagma

promagma

How about .... "I trade stocks. Like daytrading and swing trading." That way they won't imagine you sit there bug eyed punching red and green buttons all day - but that you also take some time out to do "swing trading", whatever that is.

#39     Jan 9, 2006
  10. Intraday liquidity provider for the E-MINI SP on the CME and go through PFG..

Say the sentance really quick and look at the reaction you get..Works every time..

#40     Jan 9, 2006