What do you call yourself?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NanoTick, Dec 25, 2005.

1. zdreg

zdreg

2. I prefer these type of girls, their partnership is very relaxing
    and enjoyable both in & out of bed :D

What i tell everyone, is, buy and sell any profitable stuff over
    the internet.

They say: "like Ebay"
    I say: "somthing Like that"

No more headache :)

#12     Dec 25, 2005
  3. Learner

Learner

One evening my neighbour saw me watching the charts.
    He asked "what do you do?"
    "I am daytrading" I replied.
    "But it is night!" he said.
    "America is in daylight" I explained.
    "Oh, Yes" then he had no more question.

I never afraid to tell askers I am a daytrader. It is a part of my confident in that daytrading is a highly skilled profession.

Everytime I change to a better car only add mystery to the open secrete.

#13     Dec 25, 2005
  4. Thanks for all the inputs...I'll spend the next few days before market opens deciding what fits me best.

#14     Dec 25, 2005
  5. Deptrai

Deptrai

I tell them that I am one bad ass mutha fuka currency trader. :D OK. I either tell them that I am unemployed or trade currency.

#15     Dec 25, 2005
  6. Independent Street Pharmacist

#16     Dec 25, 2005
  7. newguy1

newguy1

i'm relatively new at it, and i say the same thing. Unfortunately, i don't have the new cars to show for my work. But if I say I work for a trading firm, or I'm a prop trader, equity trader...most of that just gets people confused. So i just say it like it is. Daytrading. Every now and then I ask them the question though. Since we were allowed to start holding overnight here and there, I ask them, "so...does that make me a 'night trader'?"

And then we just have a laugh at it.

Merry Christmas Guys!

#17     Dec 25, 2005
  8. newbunch

newbunch

Me: Quantitative modeler of automated trading systems.

Them: What's that?

Me: I trade stocks. :(

(I don't even trade stocks, but if I say futures, they'll only ask more stupid questions.)

#18     Dec 25, 2005
  9. If you are a retail trader, your title is "daytrader"
    If you trade at a firm, your title is "securities trader" (at least thats what I had to check on my series 7 application form.)

I hate the term Daytrader though...I always think of someone with a 1k account trading penny stocks when i hear that term.

#19     Dec 25, 2005
  10. Professional speculator. And if any thing else follows e.g. what exactly does that entail? I just say with a straight and calm face that I provide liquidity and facilitate the market allocation process… But I generally do leave out the fact that I am a prop trader and that I scalp the NASDAQ for nickels and dimes...

#20     Dec 26, 2005