What do you call yourself?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Tea, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Ninja

Ninja

Warrior

:cool:

#41     Jan 4, 2003
  2. LOL...

Here's a dialogue

Girl at a Bar: What do you do for a living?

Ninja: I'm a warrior

Girl: ....

Ninja: ...

*Girl walks away*

#42     Jan 4, 2003
  3. Ninja

Ninja

... and get the keys from the hotel reception

Ninja follows her to her room

Girl has the sex of her life

Believe me, it works!

Girls like that. If you say you are a daytrader they imagine someone who sits in front of his computer for eight hours a day = boring. If you say you are a hedgefund manager they think of their fund investment which resulted in -15% last year. If you say you are a speculator they imagine a guy who drinks and gambles. You can suprise every girl with this answer: " I'm a warrior!" You just need to clarify that you are no beating hooligan or crazy trekki, but fight against mighty banks and institutions.
    Depending on the girl you can even vary a bit to give her the illusion of a modern Robin Hood or even better (but you need a lot of charisma and experience for that) make her believe that you are the true one and only FINANCIAL NINJA!

:cool:

#43     Jan 4, 2003

4. Very funny. Very original! Not heard that one before...

LOL

I suppose you want the girl to say "ooooooooh - can I see your spear!" ????????? Or is that your line - "Come back to my place and I'll show you my spear!"

Natalie

#44     Jan 4, 2003
  5. Ninja

Ninja

Hey, just PM me and I will let you know...

:)

#45     Jan 4, 2003
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

daytrader's life isn't easy... :(
    Say you're an artist. You paint charts together with other artists to express the nature of life, human emotions and "harmonic spontaneous orgasm".

#46     Jan 4, 2003
  7. Ninja

Ninja

Yeah, but unfortunately the other artists are mostly masculine and you all are expressing while you are connected together electronically via the internet...

What kind of girls do you want to impress with that yucky story?

:p

#47     Jan 4, 2003
  8. Look at how Webster defines gambling:

1 a : to play a game for money or property b : to bet on an uncertain outcome
    2 : to stake something on a contingency : take a chance

Anyone who does anything for a living fits 1 a. (considering that "game" can be defined as "a procedure or strategy for gaining an end "; if you define game only as "activity engaged in for diversion or amusement" then I guess only those who like their jobs would be considered gamblers).

EVERYONE fits 1 b, since nothing is certain and by doing or not doing anything we bet on its outcome one way or the other.

for a similar reason, eveyone also fits 2. They even say in a TV commercial "the biggest risk is not taking one". While I don't necessarily agree with that, it is very obvious that whenever you make a decision to avoid one risk you automatically take another.

So, as much as any being, a trader is a gambler, but not more than a postal worker. When you think it through, what a postal worker does is akin to selling far out of the money puts on FDX or UPS: He gets small, regular income as long as the postal service survives, and if it should perish, so will he, unless he makes major changes in his life and rebuilds.

#48     Jan 4, 2003
  9. No, PM me! I have the longest spear.

#49     Jan 4, 2003
  10. Thank you for this post! I knew something excellent would eventually come out of this thread.

That's exactly how I feel about it. Seriously. I couldn't have said it better. But it's probably why I will never be a "successful trader". I will probably never make more than 5 figures or low 6 figures, because I simply enjoy playing around on the charts with relatively small lots so that not much money is at risk in any single trade and you can concentrate more on the beauty of it all.

#50     Jan 4, 2003