What do you call yourself?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Tea, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Tea

Tea

So you deliver bottled water :D

#21     Jan 3, 2003
  2. Do you hate the vendors you buy from on eBay or are you one of them?

#22     Jan 3, 2003
  3. Is a scalper a speculator?

Is a market maker a speculator?

#23     Jan 3, 2003
  4. I trade stock index and treasury futures. If I tell people I'm a futures trader they either have no idea what it is or think I'm a gambler. If I say stock market trader they usually ask if I am making any money. So I tell them I'm a bond trader, it sounds a little more prestigious and usually shuts them up.

#24     Jan 3, 2003
  5. But it doesn't work for those of us who are trashy enough to actually trade stocks.

#25     Jan 3, 2003
  6. To do things like trade futures. At least not in the little ex-mining town where I live. If I told them what I do they'd look at me like I was a martian... LOL

And the immortal words so many have said -"But - you're a woman!" in that oh so astonished tone they use...

So I just say I work on the computer and leave it at that... I deffinitely do not talk about programming and trading. And mostly I just dumb down if pressed (especially if it's a guy doing the pressing.. :) )

Natalie

#26     Jan 3, 2003

7. you need to get out of the "small ex mining town". the sooner the better !

best,

surfer:)

#27     Jan 3, 2003
  8. Capitalist is a good description.

I'm an upholder of capitalism.

I also own a business outside of my trading, and people often ask me what that involves. I never have an accurate answer for them. Capitalist is vague enough to cover both my trading and business activities.

Banker

#28     Jan 3, 2003
  9. omcate

omcate

I called myself Fisherman.

If there is a losing trade, I'll tell my friends that I lose my bait during fishing. If I earn $1,000, I'll tell them that I catch a 1,000-pound fish.

:p

:cool:

:D

#29     Jan 3, 2003
  10. If pressed, I tell people that I am a Private Money Manager, which is true. I manage my own money. If asked, no, I am not accepting new clients, but I will be happy to contact them if I every do.

Sean:cool:

#30     Jan 3, 2003