What do you call yourself?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Tea, Jan 3, 2003.

1. If I call myself an investor then everyone will want stock tips hence analyst. Actually I try not to discuss the subject. I really want my own Deli badly. Its going to take me about 5 years before I can even think about opening it. I have a managment team in mind and some ideas. However, after I get it running. When people ask what I do. I will say, I own MOJO'S

To the freaks. Yes I am aware that prolonged success in the restraunt business is rare and difficult to achieve. I thank you people who already know everything in advance. You provide me with constant reminders of just how much you know and how little I care. I follow my dreams and I've always wanted my own place.

Good Day

#101     Jan 6, 2003
  2. SWJ12

SWJ12

I tell my friends I am a part-time day trader and they all want stock tips from me too. I tell them I'm in and out in only a few minutes so I'm not qualified to give them long-term investment advice, and they want to set up their own direct access accounts and have me IM them when I make a trade and they will piggy back. They don't even know what an emini or even a futures contract is! They didn't even ask if I was making or losing money! Everybody wants the easy money.....

#102     Jan 7, 2003
  3. It is the same for me also, and I am just a broker/equity raiser and do not trade at all. Since I couldn't seem to get away from the whole "give me a tip thing" I started telling people I am in waste management and I have my own route, it seems to get a better response and the ladies love it.

Comp:D

#103     Jan 8, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Capitalist pig.

nitro

#104     Jan 8, 2003
  5. Bum ...

#105     Jan 12, 2003
  6. DTK

DTK

I know you are a man of few words, but at least throw in a couple of extra letters so it reads, "lucky bum".

#106     Jan 12, 2003
  7. MRWSM

MRWSM

Trader or Daytrader has really become an ugly word. The length of this thread proves it. I often struggled with the same thing.
    My revenge to the ridicule is being successful. I usually don't bring up the subject, and only converse about it with others who do the same.

I usually just say I'm Retired or Self Employed.

Eventually I would like to be referred to as:

Millionaire Investor Extraordinaire

Or even better like Buffet, Billionaire Investor Extraordinaire.

:) :)

#107     Jan 12, 2003
  8. :)

its interesting, i dont tell many people. but the few that i do, look at me with distain... and when i say i am working on a daytrading system- they look at me like "it cant be done." and these guys know how compulsive i am and that ive done some pretty interesting things and im successful in my profession.

my buddy was in the same profession as i am.... i was married at the time and he was single... he'd go to bars and tell girls what he did and that would end teh conversation... then he got his brokers license and starting selling real estate... when he told them he was a real esatate broker and investor, the girls were really interested...

having gone thru a divorce, i dont want a woman who is really interested in my money.... im getting lonely???????

nitro, by the looks of that almond holder, you probably do bum around some days!

:D

#108     Jan 13, 2003

9. i like capitalist pig too; plus its gotta nice ring to it.

#109     Jan 13, 2003

10. get your capitalist pig t shirts and posters here www.capitalistpig.com

enjoy !

surfer:)

#110     Jan 13, 2003