What do u do to stick to your rules?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by innovest_11, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Coming to a refugee camp near you ...

Neoxx demonstrating how to get "3x the ATR" on a WiFI Laptop!

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DqiR1vlsFUk&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DqiR1vlsFUk&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

ROTF :D :D :D

#81     May 11, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

"I Touch Myself"

Divinyls' - 1991

#82     May 11, 2009
  3. Scottd's thread proves SCT doesn't work and has never worked, and no amount of hand holding, whimsical nonsense will change that. Jack is a complete joke, as well as those other classic butts of jokes for traders called Neoxx, and Spydertrader. They still somehow cling to this "philosophy" when it has earned no money and has been verified by third parties as a farce. Failure to discover the system is one thing, actually having it and testing it as we did at the end of 08 shows you'd have to be a lunatic to continue making these claims of profits.

#83     May 11, 2009
  4. For the humor of it take a look at the two themes represented by the automation effort that came from not displaying price to trade and, secondly, as you mention, the SCT. While each , separately, use the same paradigm (hypothesis set and parametric measure), the logic development of each does not even overlap. Most people can see that it cannot.

In one case, four indicators are used for development and in the other case, P and V are used directly for the development. There is one common element as described below.

This leads to a basic core for each and a series of shells surrounding their, respective cores. Three shells come up for the former and 7 come up for SCT. They both arrive as expert trading levels.

As a vendor you post, on several vending sites and you criticize, negatively what you presume to be your competition. Neither of these systems trade on the advanced beginner level on which you market and vend. The obvious standard is how a system performs relative to the market's offer.

All of successful trading is sort of counter intuitive. This is well articulated by the early traders beginning at the turn of the century around 1900 and thereafter.

For you, induction is your starting point. You pile up data and draw conclusions that have consequences.

Most people do as you do and they are satisfied, as you are, with a false result. That is fine with all the others who eliminate your choice of thinking.

Anyone who is logical or reasons, does not go through the process of proving something doesn't work as you have done.

Whether something works or not usually lies with the practitioner. You have simply proven to yourself that you cannot make use of the substantive content that others use successfully and have made available to you.

Were you to look at the result of coding for the "peak" volume in each of the systems, you would find that the lights on the dashboards for each are coincident and are correct as well.

There is and always will be intellectual debate in the financial community. It is very difficult for people of one persuasion to look at the broader picture, much less put themsleves in another person's thinking regime. Most poeple, however, do make the effort to connect on some intellectual basis when their is some overlap. Fortunately, for me I have always been on the record with others who are making various and assorted efforts to move forward.

As may be seen there is always a ready supply of references to those commentaries which serve the purposes of any kind of ET person.
    it hasn't served anyon's purposes to make references to to the live real time exchanges that took place on Raging Bulls those many many years ago, but it was fun, then, to note the day's successes in intraday entries and exits where tons of shares and bucks were involved.

Just as in "Putting the Pieces Together", the same amount of snapshots in a given day were taken to show how a succession of partial fills could be times.

I probably should photograph some records from long ago to show how a trader kept records during the day. Tracking DELL from 3 to 173 was fun.

#84     May 12, 2009
  5. Go to the Ferrari dealership.

Go drive someplace where the homes are beautiful and far beyond your financial reach.

....let me know how your discipline is the next time you trade after those 2 steps. If you still can't stick to your rules, quit.

#85     May 12, 2009
  6. btw - I don't believe you can learn discipline, I believe you become disciplined by defining and following a set of rules

Well said!! Cheers!!

#86     May 12, 2009
  7. Only trade during a limited period each day. Less opportunity to screw up..

#87     May 16, 2009