What do these three situations say to you?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, May 28, 2013.

1. FYI

All three charts have all bars the same except for the last bar of each chart. The OP is on a quest.

I assume most respondents didn't examine the charts properly.

So what has been learned by the OP by posting identical charts with the last bar changed. He doesn't say.

Brooks, if he read Brooks, told him. Brooks said that bar by bar anlysis is required.

any follower of the operation of the market system, knows that bar by bar means one and only one thing.

Brooks did the quest. Then Brooks told what he discerned.

The OP is now a little bit ahead of Brooks.

the OP hs chosen to look at the independent variable whereby Brooks only looked at the dependent variable and, thus, ended his quest in a different way than the OP still has the potential to do.

Most people are fucked, however. The explanation is theirs to read.

The same series of bars in the independent variable can only have one unique correct answer. You find it at the bar and you can't find it after the bar. My answers were for the breif unique series where only significant prior bars were considered. I figured I should respond in the real context instead of a fake context.

I attached today's chart just to show the skelton that I see when the platform is replacing all the bars with the final correct information for the day.

as others have commented: "All I see is the same thing over and over again". They can sense the chart but they cannot precieve the chart.

today the type trend from bar 50 onward was the Set D Drift. the a to b turens repeated and then a 13 bar series was built tht included all four of the rays I use to depict P1, P2, T2P and T2F (two fractals).

It is something to go from bar 50 to bar 78 and just take the full offer of the market. I am using the independent variable to make money on the dependent variable.

Brooks was correct about bar by bar analysis. Just another proof that trend following does not work BUT trend monitoring and analysis does work. No one finds out how it turns out in the future. A person who is expert finds out in the NOW.

will the OP begin to learn the operation of the market's system by looking more and more at the independent variable. I do not think so. I think he will return to the dependent variable and continue to go to dead ends.

#41     Jun 3, 2013
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Actually all 3 charts' price bars are identical – it is only the last volume bar on each that is different

Which obviously means – 1 chart is real… the other 2 artificial (or possibly all 3 are)

So unless/ until the OP posts another chart showing the actual follow through – all this speculation is academic – and useless

================

Agree the OP is on a quest - of mental masturbation

RN

#42     Jun 3, 2013
  3. Are you saying that the dependant variable is the price bar and that the independant variable is volume...?

I honestly don't understand what you're saying...

Can you explain what the dependant and independant variables are...? I mean clearly... so that everyone can understand.

#43     Jun 4, 2013
  4. danielc1

danielc1

Oh, oh, another one bites the dust...

#44     Jun 4, 2013
  5. :D ...LOL...

Just wanted to know what he's saying... I can't understand a thing!

#45     Jun 4, 2013
  6. danielc1

danielc1

Don't feel bad, I think nobody really knows what Jack is saying. Or we are just clueless, or Jack is rambling, either way, it would be nice knowing after + 7000 post what the heck he is talking about :p

#46     Jun 4, 2013
  7. Thanks for the clear reply.

I don't have an answer to give because I don't know what the difference is. Obviously since all of those charts are the same except for the volume at least two of them didn't actually happen. I just used them to illustrate situations I see all the time while keeping all the other variables the same. Price going down for a few bars, an obvious down bar and low, medium, or high volume. What does each situation mean?

#47     Jun 4, 2013
  8. All trading is predicting. If you do not think price is going to go up, why would you go long?

Reacting is still predicting. If you react to what price did, you cannot make money based on what it just did, so that means that your reaction is because you think (read: are predicting) that price is most likely to do something else.

Your entry conditions are met, and you enter.

Call it reacting. Call it predicting. It's the same thing. Your entry is a reaction to what the market just did, but it's also a prediction of what you think the market is going to do (based on what it just did).

Yeah, it was pretty ambiguous. "If you can't figure out what is going on then you don't have all the info. Btw I'm not going to tell you what that info is, just that it exists and you don't have it."

If you would like to share what that info is and how it's useful then your post would be helpful.

#48     Jun 4, 2013
  9. Pipflow

Pipflow

Really not able to say much just by looking at the chart because i always have the habit of analyzing the chart at different time frame, may be not good but that what works best for me.

#49     Jun 4, 2013
  10. river

river

Thanks for the chart. It's always interesting to see where your "c" turns were located.

Any hints about your reference previously to the OP about that helpful “coed”? Was the answer I offered in this thread over the weekend what you were referring to in your earlier post to the OP?

Would you consider elaborating on your metaphor? After all, who couldn’t use another coed or two?

-river

#50     Jun 4, 2013