What do these three situations say to you?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, May 28, 2013.

1. 05-31-13 09:01 AM

you can not learn any new skill, you can only 'remember' the skill you allready had, because time does not exist and is an illusion to let us experience life

LMAOROTF

#31     May 31, 2013
  2. danielc1

danielc1

Let Me Answer Other Right Off Topic Forums?

#32     May 31, 2013
  3. river

river

Although it has taken me several more grades than it took Robert Fulghum, your recent posts have help me fully realize that here in fifth grade good enough really is good enough. There are no pieces missing.

Is the YM the recent “coed” reference?

A while ago, my child’s then Montessori Directress read Fulghum’s poem during Extended Day (Kindergarten) graduation. His poem sums things up nicely. It struck me at the time as something you could have written.

Thanks again for the recent posts.

-river

#33     Jun 1, 2013
  4. heypa

heypa

River. Your comment about the fifth grade reminds me of a question I used on fellow workers." What do you know that I don't know, that I ought to know, that you can tell me, that you are willing to tell me?Thought at the time it covered all bases.".

#34     Jun 1, 2013
  5. ncx

ncx

Thanks for all the posts Jack. Working through them.

Since you're a theoretical physicist I have to ask the standard question: What’s your favorite interpretation of QM?

Also what do you think about Laurent Nottale's work?

#35     Jun 1, 2013
  6. If I had to pick, and I have no idea, I would say the first one may be most likely to be a bottom.

On daily charts I sometimes see higher than average volume on a down day that marks the end (or near the end) of a down trend.

This is counter intuitive to me though because I would assume that high volume meant everyone was getting on board, but maybe since most people lose it's everyone getting on board in the wrong direction.

I've spent a lot of time looking at ask volume vs bid but in my experience there is no predictive value to be had. Sometimes its ebb and flow kind of follows a trend, but like the slope of a moving average it only tells you what price just did which has no effect on what price is going to do.

#36     Jun 1, 2013
  7. Peter Gabrial Bergman face to face and we used translations of Russian Texts. (Liffshitz and Landau come to mind quickly) This was in the late 50"s. He was on the Manhattan Project at the time. Our study operation was limited to a cut off in the top couple of % of the GRE. IBM also had some interviewing techniques that are still not public to this day. I was made an MTS @ BTL while still in grad school @ RPI. The trio I studied with was 2 RPI's and one MIT.

Trading is a rush mahematically. It would probably be difficult to explain the basis of the wrong development and design taken by the financial industry.

I can say that the MIT guy and myself just went rampant deductively and we never looked back. The mix of SEC citations and the big league lawyering that followed would have been meat and potatoes for Grisham.

We definitely left an unseen milestone at that time.

In retrospect, it has always been so significant that we didn't keep money. I did get into the significant stock holder thing briefly but that was because I wanted lifetime skiiing rights. seven years later I looked at it differently; I just became a certified Swiss ski instructor. Ridng helicopters to local hospitals was a fun thing too. Sometimes you just hung on with the outrigger and passenger.

Just reflecting. Anyone do the Inferno at the Tuckerman's Ravine...... LOL ..

#37     Jun 2, 2013
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Actually TW did a pretty good job of describing the action and potential

==================

OP,

If you can post a chart of the subsequent PA - it would be interesting to see

Hell who knows, maybe I am wrong - maybe

RN

#38     Jun 2, 2013
  9. Redneck

Redneck

If you can appreciate the disparity between your last two sentences, then it should be possible for you to see why volume currently holds no value to you

But, if you’ll spend the time to work through how the market actually works – then the first sentence will no longer hold you back

Then you may just find value
    ============================

As for predictive/ prediction – having any part to do with trading – get over that crap – quick, fast, and in a hurry

Anyone predicting – or purporting to be able to predict – or attempting to predict – is an idiot

Now – there stands a very fine line between prediction and reaction – but there is an absolute line nonetheless

It’s real easy to blur this line – simply never allow yourself to do that

=================

One final thought;

When things appear to be meandering - then obviously a major component of the current is missing

That last sentence sounds guru-ish / obfuscating doesn't it

Figure this shit out and it'll be clear as day

RN

#39     Jun 3, 2013
  10. Allright, I'll give it a try with a clear answer...

I'm looking at the last two bars...

Situation C looks the most bearish due to the fact that the market moved down on very little volume... This indicates that a little bit of selling will push the market down a lot...

Situation B looks most likely to be a chop...

Situation A looks like a reversal due to the fact that it took a lot of selling to get it to the same point as all of the others. This indicates that the market has support...

That's my guess on it... :D

Are you going to give us an answer...?

#40     Jun 3, 2013