what do these numbers mean to you?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by G-Boa, Jan 19, 2007.

1. G-Boa

G-Boa

P/E = 0.37

F P/E = N/A

Beta = 0.77

EPS = 123.50

What do these numbers mean to you?? Do these numbers get your attention or would you just keep on looking??

Also, it's a Russell 2000 stock, a NASDAQ listed company. What is "the market" that it moves with that gives it a beta of 0.77??

2. xiangfin

xiangfin

P/E = 0.37
    --Ratio of current price to current earing per share

F P/E = N/A
    --Ratio of current price to foward (expected) earing per share

Beta = 0.77
    --I believe the market is the S&P 500 index.

EPS = 123.50
    --Earning per share.
    --Alos P/E*EPS is the current price.

Could you please let us know which share it is?

3. G-Boa

G-Boa

I'm looking for something more detailed. Anyone willing to post an "at a glance" interpretation??

4. Unless it's a diamond in the rough, looking at those numbers ALONE, looks like that stock (don't even have a symbol so can't even comment on it) has a one time income that's abnormally high and otherwise has a tepid growth prospect. Its beta's most likely with respect to S&P or Wilshire depending on the model (difference is minimal) unless otherwise stated.

5. G-Boa

G-Boa

I didn't want the symbol to interfere with the interpretation. But since I want detail, would you take a closer look and give me your opinion - The Navigators Group, Inc (Public, NASDAQ:NAVG) - thank you.

6. I think your taking a look at these links will help:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/co?s=NAVG
    http://www.navg.com/finance/fundamentals.phtml

Overall a smaller insurance company with higher operating margins and a bit higher growth rate than industrial average (insurance companies usually have low PE ratio anyway) but don't see the EPS and PE ratio you saw on my links. Maybe you can sift through the news releases or SEC filings (sorry, I'm not time to go to bed :p) to find a one time item that caused your source to state the EPS and PE in such a way but 1) I think it's an error (decimal place?) 2) it wouldn't materially affect the company anyway and the bottom line is its current PE is 11 and EPS is 1.73. Also insurance company ratios are a bit distorted by Katrina right now so it takes a bit more work to find a suitable place to park your money imo.

7. G-Boa

G-Boa