What do prop shops offices look like?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CasperCRF, May 31, 2005.

1. newguy1

newguy1

are there any arcades with good looking offices?

Some prop shops that pay salaries have nice settings like marble floors, flat screens, nifty desks.

Can anybody say the same for arcades?

a picture says a lot.

#31     Jun 2, 2005
  2. Newguy, Echo N.Y office has the whole floor devoted to trading. There are private rooms for group traders(like most firms). All of the equipment looks brand new(desks,flat screen monitors etc). Many TV,s overhead, and they give each trader lots of room,desks not crammed like most trading rooms i,ve seen.

#32     Jun 2, 2005
  3. damn those carpeted floors...how do they ever make any money?

#33     Jun 2, 2005
  4. prop shops look like...the back room at an automobile dealership?

#34     Jun 2, 2005
  5. newguy1

newguy1

thank you.

#35     Jun 2, 2005
  6. The Lynx office at 57th & Lex in NYC is one beautiful office. Looks like a great trading environment right? Well appearances can be deceiving.

#36     Jun 3, 2005
  7. I have to say that I agree with you about "looks" - one of our oldest, and most modest offices, holds some of our most successful traders.

Don

#37     Jun 3, 2005
  8. whenever i went to an office that has nice furniture et al, i knoew something wasn't right...

#38     Jun 3, 2005
  9. with some exceptions, most dealing rooms at banks and ibanks are the same, only with more people.... it's really disapoointing to see how rundown and dirty a trading floor of a very rich bank can be.... i don't know if any of you worked at Deutsche when they were in midtown but it was atrocious

#39     Jun 3, 2005