What do prop shops offices look like?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CasperCRF, May 31, 2005.

1. mrfong8

mrfong8

i work at a typical prop firm. Its not all that nice, but i do understand the entry of barrier is low.

its true there are all sorts of ppl going in and out, but that's just how it is, its available to anybody.

if you are that much better trader than everyone else you can always set up ur personal office at home. i am not being sarcastic, i do think the office enviroment isn't nearly as professional as i thought.

HOWEVER, the freedom and flexibility is all there. you work when you want, eat when you want, go home when you need, no one can get in your face, you dont' have to impress superior.

nothing is perfect in this world

#11     May 31, 2005
  2. Your place sounds awesome..could you post some pics of it if possible?

#12     May 31, 2005
  3. Hi Lefty,

Have you heard of the Market Neutral Fund??

It is a local SB fund.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. I live in cito.

#13     May 31, 2005
  4. Slim:
    I am sorry. I cannot post pictures of my offices or staff.

Mike:

I know the folks at SB Market Neutral Fund. They have offices in the El Paseo building across from the main Post Office. Tim McCormack is the fund manager. They are a fund of funds using an absolute return strategy (among others). I have not kept up with their results over the last year. Before that however, their returns were disappointing (in my opinion).

Good luck,
    Lefty

#14     May 31, 2005
  5. k, thanks

#15     May 31, 2005

6. trend traders, all---i presume??

:D

#16     May 31, 2005
  7. ozzy

ozzy

Lefty can you hire me pls?

I'm just the type of person your looking. I'm a chinese midget with a with a tenacious appetite for the market. I would be willing to move from Toronto where the winter is 9 months long to sunny California. I really enjoy when my ass freezes on cold winter days in Toronto, but I think I can go without this exp for some period of time.

Thanks,
    ozzy

#17     May 31, 2005
  8. Hello Ozzy:

I'm sure you are the best chinese midget daytrader in Toronto. Unfortunately I don't have an opening in my office. Based on experience and intuition, I would guess that sooner or later you will get where you want to go. Be patient.

Jay:

I guess I don't understand the point of your comment. We operate in a variety of markets, with several types of programs. While I cannot have a discussion that includes specifics, what strikes me most about the comments I read on ET, is the lack of understanding as to what "trend" is, and how it fits in the context of successful trading.

Good luck in the markets tomorrow
    Lefty

#18     May 31, 2005
  9. ozzy

ozzy

:D

#19     May 31, 2005
  10. lescor

lescor

Those first few pictures are of the Phoenix office and are at least 4 years old. I traded there for a few months. The top row, second pic from the left, that empty chair was actually my seat. Cool to see it again. Nice clean office in a good area.

Now someone post some pics of a Bright office from that era. The stories of how they chinced on everything were pretty funny.

#20     Jun 1, 2005