What do prop shops offices look like?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CasperCRF, May 31, 2005.

1. On a good day.

2. Where are the de rigeur amusements and toys?

3. yenzen

yenzen

But those photos are outdated. I can remember seeing those same images back in the summer of 2002.

Senor Zen

4. domi93

domi93

FNYS-1

5. domi93

domi93

FNYS-2

6. domi93

domi93

FNYS-3

7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

lol - so thats what muppets im upagainst then!!!

:D :D

8. ozzy

ozzy

In my opinion it does not matter what a person's background is when it comes to trading. The only thing that matters is that they make money.

9. Hi folks:

To answer your question, I have seen a few proprietary shops. Most recently I visited the Echo offices in Santa Monica CA. The room was clean with desks around the perimeter of the room. I remember that there was good lighting. This is (in my opinion) a mid-level office (not great, but not a bad environment to trade in).

In contrast, my own offices are on my property in Santa Barbara. I have several acres of land, so I got an architect to build a structure to my spec. It is essentially a "guest house" designed around a courtyard with nice landscaping (fountain, small pool, trees, tables and chairs). The trading area has room for 7 desks including an administrative assistant/researcher. We don't take personal calls during market hours unless it is an emergency. Each workstation has user controlled lighting and music. We have a kitchen and assigned parking. We have a conference room that is never used, because we generally meet in the courtyard after trading hours to go over our results.

I understand the comment that "nothing matters except making money", but I would simply point out that once you are making money, then everything else matters a lot.

Good luck folks,
    Lefty

#10     May 31, 2005