What do people recommend for 43in monitors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmiles301, Jul 16, 2022.

1. maxinger

maxinger

????

I don't think there is anyone in this world who put the 43" monitor in portrait format.
    it is designed for landscape format.

#21     Jul 16, 2022
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Jesus, don't shoot the messenger. Have you tried it? If I had a monitor that big and had trouble seeing the top of a screen at the eye-angle experienced, I would go to a Best Buy or wherever and look at a demo of portrait mode on a curved monitor of that size, see if it would help me.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    #22     Jul 16, 2022
  3. been using a 43" TV for 5 years.

Older sets suffered burn in , but still very usable .

#23     Jul 16, 2022
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Burn-in? You boomer! lol

#24     Jul 16, 2022
  5. You use an older, five year old, TV with defects on it as a monitor....

While you have 'six figure days' as a trader? This image doesn't jive,
    Lambo.

#25     Jul 16, 2022
  6. Update:

I decided to go with 2 43" LGs for now ($250 a piece), they seemed to have better brightness compared to the others at Best Buy, can always return them if need be.

For some reason in my mind I had the image of having one stacked on top of the other but I realize now that 1 - You would have to rig something up yourself because there isn't anything on the market for that, and 2 - Even if you could do it the visibility on the top monitor would more than likely be poor.

I'm upgrading from some super old 24" 1080 AOCs so I think just 1 of those LG 4Ks will offer as much charting space as 4 of them (if not more), so I would effectively be doubling my screen real estate by having just 2 of them (as opposed to originally wanting 4).

Plus that would still give me 2 open spots on my P620 card to keep 1 of my older AOCs stacked on top of the other on a desktop stand (like I have them now) + my 32" IPS monitor on the onboard video.

Thanks to all for the input,
    jm

#26     Jul 17, 2022
  7. dholliday

dholliday

I've been using 4K TVs for monitors for many years. They work great. My favorite, and newest, is my onn 50" Roku from Walmart.
    Get a 43 if your vision is normal/good, a 50 if your vision is not so good, or a 55+ to mount on the wall across the room. With good vision, anything above 43 should have a higher resolution unless, like me, your vision is not so good IMO. On Windows, you can not make the font smaller (as far as I know) so a 50 may be wasted with fonts larger than you like.
    The refresh rate doesn't matter for trading, only gamming. I don't think you have been able to buy anything less than 60hrz for many years (my 39" SEIKI is 30hrz). I have a very old i7 that can only run at 30hrz. Looks great. My newer computers, Ryzen 7, run at 60hrz. No graphics cards are needed.

#27     Jul 18, 2022
    jmiles301 likes this.
  8. %%
    Good idea;
    much more heat, especially if one nears the Canadian border/ they need all the heat hey can get. LOL
    I chose not to live that far up north; but I like shade trees also.

#28     Jul 18, 2022
  9. Much truth in this.

Some ET'ers claim to trade/follow multiple/LOTS of markets. Very difficult to do a good job on any of them. Solution... focus on a few markets (even ONE) and trade well. ("Following" markets is easy... trading them well is a different story.)

#29     Jul 25, 2022
  10. As far as I'm concerned....the only game in town....is to follow and trade the S&P.

People who follow, or trade, in a lot of things and everything else out there....are just fooling themselves and hurting themselves.

It's all about Trading the S&P, the broad market ticker. The Main Event.
    everything else is just foreplay and to pass time and for nonsense, sideshow carnival games.

If someone can trade the S&P successfully, everyday/intraday....they have unlocked the keys to the universe.

#30     Jul 25, 2022
    Scataphagos likes this.