What do I need to trade OPM?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lately, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. lately


    Or, more specifically, friend's and family's money? It's only with Forex, and it seems like the regulations are very iffy and contradicting. A broker that I am talking to is requesting that I provide him with info about how I'm registered/able to trade this money.

    Do I need to be certified? What do I need???

  2. Bump. I'd like to know also.
  3. ssblack


    Depends on who you trade through, but just do it the right way and register as a CTA with the NFA. The laws are changing quickly and you want to have that credibility. Call the NFA and they can help walk you through things.

    Who is the dealer you are talking with?
  4. You might search Google for Registered Investment Advisor and the name of the state that you are in. Possibly all you need do is register with the state.

    You might also want to study for various financial licenses. You might not need to be licensed, but knowing the laws is important. You can go to jail for breaking some rules.