What do all these guys actually do on the trading floor? How much do they make?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Jul 29, 2008.

1. And every third guy has a waste basket at screen level on the iasle for pink up. See any printers??? lol

#21     Jul 29, 2008
  2. I found Waldo!

#22     Jul 29, 2008
  3. subban

subban

Middle office, trader support still start out at $50-$60k plus bonus but these days with all the writedowns no bonus.

Sales traders and institutional sales still make at least $150k base salary.

#23     Jul 29, 2008
  4. central park

central park Guest

Not in USA. I don't know about euro traders.

CPW

#24     Jul 29, 2008
  5. The printers are at the ends of the rows. If you look about 2" below the red UBS, at the end of the rows, you can just make out some business printers/copiers...

A shoeshine man sits in the middle of the floor much of the time, and usually has about 5-10 pairs of shoes to be worked on. he does a heckuva job...

Those small black rectangles on the walls are actually scoreboards, with a lot of international prices - gold, crude, etc. etc.

And about 3-4 mini-cafeterias on each side...

traders gotta have their mocha...

#25     Jul 29, 2008
  6. Making lots of phone calls, to try to find someone who buys their mortgage backed bonds and CDOs, -for pennies-.

#26     Jul 30, 2008
  7. The reason why I ask is because I dont know and Im curious. At this point in my life, working in this place is probably not an option, but its interesting.

This type of workplace looks like a horror show unless you are making well over 6+ digits.

#27     Jul 30, 2008
  8. central park

central park Guest

Ya gotta stop drinking the kool aid. these guys are barely making 30K USD. I see they still push the dream to the young uns however! you'll make more pitching magazines for hearst on the phone. yes, if you can sell you will make $$ commission but thats just like any other sales job--heck, people make millions selling brooms and pencils.

it's time for a reality check--see below:

<b>Sales Trader
    Milton Keynes, England

Company: Mana Resourcing
    Salary: £15,000

Sales Trader / Broker / Telesales / Telemarketing Milton Keynes £15k Basic -The COMPANY Our client is an independent Derivatives broking company which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. They service domestic... markets. The ROLE They are looking to expand their Trading / Sales Desk by recruiting a Sales Trader at their Milton Keynes... off site training and examination sponsorship. The position comes with a basic salary of £15k </b>

#28     Jul 30, 2008
  9. sjfan

sjfan

No buddy - you are mistaken. This ad is for something not at all what is traditionally considered sales traders (despite what it says in the title, which is followed by telesales? telemarketing? good god no. instituational sales traders go out and see their clients all the time with analysts and other traders). A decent sales trader with a few years' experience should be around 100-125k base + bonuses than can be > 100% of base.

#29     Jul 30, 2008
  10. dhpar

dhpar

£

#30     Jul 30, 2008