What difference would it make?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jan 23, 2013.

1. I'm independent, I've voted democrat and republican for president before. I don't know how to check but I used to be a registered republican I never unregistered so I probably still am. The current radicals on the right have run off many voters like myself.
    I know you googled the Norton comedian, was I right or was I right :D .

#11     Jan 23, 2013
  2. The difference is truth or lie. The difference is anyone with a ounce of integrity would have already resigned in disgrace.

#12     Jan 23, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

Clinton's don't resign. They may make bold face lies on TV to the American people and they may even lie under oath to a court and they may be disbarred but they don't resign. They may be impeached by Congress and may get caught committing adultery in the Oval Office but still they don't resign.

#13     Jan 23, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I was thinking more along the lines of Medusa.

#14     Jan 23, 2013
  5. That would be underestimating Hillary.

You think she stuck around with Bill after the Monica Kneepads incident for nothing?... :D

#15     Jan 23, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm registered as a R, but have only voted for I think three R's in the last two elections. Romney being one of them. The rest either independent or libertarian.
    Candidates I'd never even heard of, I'm just sick of career politicians and the status quo.

And no I haven't googled your comedian friend. I've been flight planning for tomorrow, eating and playing with my step granddaughter. Now I'm having a class of Chianti.

Oh, and the current radicals on the left keep me from voting for more democrats. Although I did vote for one in 2010.

#16     Jan 23, 2013
  7. She has brushed off far bigger scandals than this one. Now that she has the full weight of the media behind her, she couldn't care less what some republican senators say.

There was a time when Bill was president that some few members of the media still valued their reputations enough to be a tiny bit sceptical of the Clintons. That time is long gone. Their narrative now is she has been a "great" Secretary of State. How they measure that escapes me. Probably it has a lot to do with desperately wanting her to succeed obama. That plus some lingering sympathy for having to be married to a dirtbag just to realize her lofty ambitions.

Her answer that she didn't see the cables doesn't bother me. Why should she? Rand Paul didn;t impress me too mcuh on that one. Does he really think a highly political Secretary of State is going to be reviewing cables from Libya about embassy security?

Now that doesn't mean she shouldn't have to take some responsibility for the resulting fiasco, but good luck with that.

Obviously she made a bit of a fool of herself with the screaming "waht difference does it make" drama, but that was no doubt coreographed to make it look like she was being attacked by the party that waged a war on women.

#17     Jan 23, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I only watched a couple minutes of it but this seems to be a pretty good summation, as usual.

Seems to me since this wasn't done before Nov, why even bother now.

#18     Jan 23, 2013

9. I have watched Bill and Hillary since the 1970's. My brother was in law school and remembers Bill as a classmate UALR School of Law (my brother thought he was a long-haired hippie-intellectual at the time).
    Actually, Hillary represents what is left of the rational but rapidly disappearing section of the Democratic Party. She worked on Barry Goldwater's campaign, if memory serves me correctly. Bill loves adulation and Hillary loves power, some match, huh. I will take her over Obama any day, as I don't trust Obama any further than I can throw a 15 ib. shot put.

#19     Jan 23, 2013
  10. wjk

wjk

Please define radical or your interpretation of it. What "radical" policies would the "radicals" of the right implement and how would they affect your life? Really curious.

#20     Jan 24, 2013